Why I’m trading up for Bradley Chubb

brownie man

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not me.

I do not want anyone at #4.

At #4 you should be talking about transformational talent, which Chubb is not.

I want a trade down that will give me a 6-16 R1 pick this year, and more this year and next year.

I would rather have a couple more bites at the apple than 1 on a player that imho is only one of the better of this year's bad bunch.

This

If Chubb is there at #4 and bark is gone with no one looking to trade then yes. I would take Chubb and call it a day. However trading up for him? If I'm going to trade up, it is going to be in the late first. I would rather have my 3rd to use for trade bait along with the #33. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I'm ok with taking Chubb at 4 if that's what we end up doing, but in no way want to trade up for him. I'd be just as happy with having Minkah or Barkley fall to us at 4 if someone grabs Chubb at 2 or 3, and not giving up the pick(s) it would take to move up one slot

If we draft Chubb, I'd like to see us get a lot of value for Ogbah in a trade or try him inside. Drafting Chubb when we already have young bookend DE's is ridiculous on an 0-16 roster...unless for whatever reason we think that he's damaged goods.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we draft Chubb, I'd like to see us get a lot of value for Ogbah in a trade or try him inside. Drafting Chubb when we already have young bookend DE's is ridiculous on an 0-16 roster...unless for whatever reason we think that he's damaged goods.

NO MAN

Look at the Eagles Chris Long, Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett, Brandon Graham 

thats 3 first round picks and a second in Curry 

Idk why everything things drafting pass rushers high is a bad thing its practically neccasary 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

NO MAN

YES MAN

LOL

COME ON MAN, that's your argument???? Talk about ridiculous.

Chris Long was drafted in 2008 and acquired as a free agent this past year. He's a grizzled 10 year veteran now.

Vinny Curry was drafted in 2012 and Graham was 2010.

See above.

Idk why everything things drafting pass rushers high is a bad thing its practically neccasary 

You know what else is necessary? A QB. 

You know what else is necessary? Looking like we play the same sport as everyone else.

This team was in the middle in sacks last year, and that was with our 2 bookend DE's missing a combined full season. You could acquire a great rotational guy in free agency or in the 3rd round (look at the Bengals draft the kid from Auburn that I wanted last year in the 3rd round). It doesn't take 3 first rounders in 3 years (I'm counting Ogbah as a 1st rounder with the 32 pick), especially on a 1-31 roster with guys starting that would have a hard time making other rosters.

Look at our RB, WR, and secondary situations, let alone the QB.

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

NO MAN

Two of those were first round picks of the Eagles. Long was on one-year rental mode when they grabbed him.

We don't need to drop the #4 pick. We could probably get a first round pass rusher in free agency. Like a Ziggy Ansah. Or second round Kony Ealy.

If we draft a QB at 1, we should be trading DOWN from pick 4, not up, and not even drafting a player at 4.....IMO.

Depending how far we trade down Chubb just might be there anyway.

If we magically sign Cousins we should be trading down from pick 1, maybe also from pick 4 but I am cool going with a player there.

Don't know if this guy is right but if he is and the 2019 draft is loaded on the DL, why are we talking about Chubb at all and not about what kind of picks we can get in trade from the position for this year and next?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-defensive-line-class-ed-oliver-dexter-lawrence-nick-bosa-rashan-gary/1s1bvmlxk9i3c17qnke3oz9ilp

On 2/23/2018 at 12:56 PM, brownie man said:

My thought process is after QB at 1 we’re in a great position at 4 to get one of 

Barkley Chubb and Fitz

to me when looking at it Chubb makes the most sense

building our D line as our strength would be a major long term payoff bonus

Chubb Garrett Ogbah on passing downs would be the best young pass rushing trio in the league

Chubb is the perfect compliment at end to Garrett you get your studs on both sides with their different skill sets

again long term payoff he should last longer than Barkley and I’m taking a dominant Dline over stud DBs we’ve already had a top pass defense in 2014 and that didn’t get us anywhere. 

So I’m going to trade pick 65 to flip with Indy at 3 to make sure we secure Chubb

so a quick draft of 

Darnold

Chubb

Sony Michel

Donte Jackson

Tavarus McFadden 

the reason I do not trade up for chubb is because next years class is so deep

there could be 6 dl that rate out better than chubb

Archived