Down to 2 kickers

Johnny Nix

Brown didn't really even have much of a shot to get on the practice squad. Now this gives more reps to Elliott and Bullock.

I'm going to assume Thompson is practice squad eligible, because obvious he's got no shot making the team, unless he surprises all of us.

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Me too, but maybe they are working on kickoffs?

The beat reporting on that has been minimal.  I wish they'd clue us in a little more.  That's a lot of practice time spent on kickoffs and not much spent on FG's.

Maybe they're pool side sipping mojitos.  It is hot you know.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Bullock is only 27 years old as well.  Which makes the decision even harder...

What makes it hard for me is Bullock's history of missed big kicks.  Not only in Cincy, but in his other stops too.

Here's the other thing - rookie kickers are usually a little less accurate.  Like generally at the bottom of league in accuracy for some reason.  High 70%.

I have no doubt Bullock will hit more FG's this year.  But is Elliott better for the future?  Bullock isn't old and could be around for a long time.

Hard decision.

31 minutes ago, theJ said:

Here's the other thing - rookie kickers are usually a little less accurate.  Like generally at the bottom of league in accuracy for some reason.  High 70%.

I have no doubt Bullock will hit more FG's this year.  But is Elliott better for the future?  Bullock isn't old and could be around for a long time.

Hard decision.

But Elliot is so much better on kickoffs.  They are higher and deeper.  

I'm not going to worry about practice misses (We're talking about practice).  If he went 1-4 in a game, then maybe.

Archived