Sign in to follow this  
johndeere1707

Down to 2 kickers

Jonathan Brown got released already in favor of S Cedric Thompson. 

Not a shocker by any means. Knew they would probably add another a S with so many dinged up 

He was a long shot anyway.  Maybe earlier than i expected, but he'll be there if they need him.

Our fifth rounder will get into the season unless he is awful.  Maybe I will even learn his name. Those other guys are mid-season filler types.

Brown didn't really even have much of a shot to get on the practice squad. Now this gives more reps to Elliott and Bullock.

I'm going to assume Thompson is practice squad eligible, because obvious he's got no shot making the team, unless he surprises all of us.

It kind of surprises me that in a kicking competition they're only kicking 5 FGs every other day. I don't get that. 

13 hours ago, theJ said:

It kind of surprises me that in a kicking competition they're only kicking 5 FGs every other day. I don't get that. 

Me too, but maybe they are working on kickoffs?

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Me too, but maybe they are working on kickoffs?

The beat reporting on that has been minimal.  I wish they'd clue us in a little more.  That's a lot of practice time spent on kickoffs and not much spent on FG's.

Maybe they're pool side sipping mojitos.  It is hot you know.

I saw that as well. It sounds like they will have to make a choice between the better K, and the investment of a 5th rounder....

46 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I saw that as well. It sounds like they will have to make a choice between the better K, and the investment of a 5th rounder....

Bullock is only 27 years old as well.  Which makes the decision even harder...

20 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Bullock is only 27 years old as well.  Which makes the decision even harder...

What makes it hard for me is Bullock's history of missed big kicks.  Not only in Cincy, but in his other stops too.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

What makes it hard for me is Bullock's history of missed big kicks.  Not only in Cincy, but in his other stops too.

yeah, and he missed for us to end the year last year. Track record vs. promise.....

Here's the other thing - rookie kickers are usually a little less accurate.  Like generally at the bottom of league in accuracy for some reason.  High 70%.

I have no doubt Bullock will hit more FG's this year.  But is Elliott better for the future?  Bullock isn't old and could be around for a long time.

Hard decision.

31 minutes ago, theJ said:

Here's the other thing - rookie kickers are usually a little less accurate.  Like generally at the bottom of league in accuracy for some reason.  High 70%.

I have no doubt Bullock will hit more FG's this year.  But is Elliott better for the future?  Bullock isn't old and could be around for a long time.

Hard decision.

But Elliot is so much better on kickoffs.  They are higher and deeper.  

I'm not going to worry about practice misses (We're talking about practice).  If he went 1-4 in a game, then maybe.