Devils Country Music Thread

devils1854

New forum, so its time for a new thread.

We are just over halfway through the year. so Ill list my favorite albums so far in alphabetical order

Aaron Watson-Vaquero

Charlie Worsham-Beginning of Things

Jake Worthington-Hell of a Highway(EP)

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit-The Nashville Sound

Luke Combs-This One's for You

Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives-Way Out West

Mitchell Tenpenny-Linden Ave(EP)

Ray Scott-Guitar for Sale

Ryan Hurd-Ryan Hurd(EP)

Sunny Sweeney-Trophy

A Thousand Horses-Bridges(EP)

Tyler Barham-History(EP)

Wheeler Walker Jr-Ol Wheeler

Havent had the chance to listen to these yet:

Joe Nichols-Never Gets Old, Logan Mize-Come Back Road, Margo Price-Weakness(EP), Old Southern Moonshine Revival-Sweet Life, Parmalee-27861

Albums Im most looking forward to the rest of the year

Brandy Clark, The Cadillac Three, Chase Rice, Cody Jinks(maybe out in 2017), Darius Rucker, JB and the Moonshine Band(maybe), Josh Abbott Band, The Lone Bellow, Will Hoge, Old Dominion, Kip Moore, Midland, and Russell Dickerson. 

Edited by devils1854

2 hours ago, thelawoffices said:

No From A Room in your top albums of the year?

Nope. Very disappointed in the album. I didnt hear the passion that I heard with his first album. I think part of the problem is that he is putting out another album in a month or two, and too many average songs crept through the cracks. Maybe if he combined them and made one album, he could have given another great one.

Ive probably been to about 30 concerts total so far this year(not all country), but this fall is looking to be the best of the year.

• August-Tracy Lawrence(Rhythm and Boots/Nashville)
  • August-Mitchell Tenpenny(Somewhere downtown. Not sure location yet)
  • August-The Cadillac Three(Georgia Theater/Athens)
  • August-The Cadillac Three(Ryman)-Hometown show and album release party
  • September-The Lone Bellow(Live on the Green/Nashville)
  • October-Aaron Watson(Ryman)
  • October-Jason Isbell(Ryman)
  • October-Garth Brooks(Mercedes Benz Stadium)-First concert at new Falcons stadium
  • October-Cody Jinks(Ryman)
  • November-Josh Abbott Band(Marathon Music Works/Nashville)

These will be my 3rd and 4th time seeing The Cadillac Three this year, and my second time seeing Garth this year(5th in the past 4 years).

Will be my first time seeing The Lone Bellow and Cody Jinks. Very excited about both.

Third time seeing Watson and fourth for Josh Abbott. Still need to see both in Texas. Thats the dream.

Concerts Ive been to this year

• A Thousand Horses, Drake White(Rhythm and Boots/Nashville)
  • Jarrod Niemann, Russell Dickerson(Rhythm and Boots/Nashville)
  • Mitchell Tenpenny(Album release party)
  • A Thousand Horses, Logan Mize(Party for CMA Fest)
  • Dustin Lynch, Drake White(Vevo exclusive CMA Fest Party)
  • Jake Owen, Old Dominion, Raelynn(Pandora exclusive CMA Fest Party)
  • Aaron Watson(CMA Fest)
  • Russell Dickerson(CMA Fest)
  • Mitchell Tenpenny(CMA Fest)
  • Eric Church(Nashville)
  • The Cadillac Three(Glasgow, KY)
  • Jake Owen, Eric Pasley(Nashville)
  • Drake White(Nashville)
  • Maren Morris(Nashville)
  • LoCash, Dylan Scott(Rhythm and Boots/Nashville)
  • Sunny Sweeney(Nashville)
  • Garth Brooks(Memphis)
  • Whiskey Myers(Nashville)
  • The Cadillac Three(Louisville)

Top 5 of the year(Cadillac Three in Louisville, Garth in Memphis, A Thousand Horses/Drake White, Whiskey Myers, Mitchell Tenpenny-Album Release)

Worst(LoCash, Jake Owen/Eric Pasley, Dustin Lynch/Drake White)

Edited by devils1854

17 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I actually have Two Black Xs on one of my playlists. Found it on spotify. Havent really listened to anything else by him.

Yeah, that's where I found Two Black Xs.  And found the other one after not realizing YouTube had changed after that song finished.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, that's where I found Two Black Xs.  And found the other one after not realizing YouTube had changed after that song finished.

I like going to their new artist playlist every now and then and just pick random songs and listen to them. That one is catchy.

Looking at the playlist right now, Jon Langston-Right Girl, Wrong Time, Russell Dickerson-Blue Tacoma, Luke Combs-One Number Away, Logan Mize-Drinkin Buddies, Chase Rice-Three Chords and the Truth, Brandy Clark-You're Drunk, Ryan Hurd-Love in a Bar, and Mitchell Tenpenny-Truck I Drove in High School are my favorites on the list right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

The new TC3 album is streaming on NPR this week before its released next Friday. Listened to it all the way once, and am on a second listen. Might be their best yet. Writing and production is at another level. Got a couple songs written by Lori McKenna and she sings backup on one. Highly suggest a listen if you love southern rock.

Another album that everyone needs to listen to is Purgatory by Tyler Childers. Its co-produced by Sturgill, and its one of the best throwback country albums Ive heard in a while. I was skeptical of the album because Ive seen Childers perform by himself with just a guitar, and he is perfect just doing that, but the production works on many different levels. Its going to be on a lot of year end lists, and he is building a name for himself. He has a residency coming up in September here at one of the local bars in Nashville, and the first date is already sold out. I just bought tickets to the second date. 

Haven't been to any shows this year yet, outside of some friends and my roommate but I'm about to go on a concert binge, with a couple non-country guys tossed in here

Avett Brothers on Saturday at the Reds game

Steven Dunn Sept 3

Sturgill in Chicago Sept 23

Cody Jinks in Bloomington Sept 30

Deer Tick Oct 22

All Them Witches Nov 15

Jason Isbell in Louisville Dec 14

Haven't really listened to much new music lately, I found an old iPod 128g that was loaded with great old music so I've just been listening to that lately. I did listen to Jason Isbell's new album though and really liked it. Probably not as much as Southeastern but it has some great songs in there.

34 minutes ago, johnnyonetime said:

Haven't been to any shows this year yet, outside of some friends and my roommate but I'm about to go on a concert binge, with a couple non-country guys tossed in here

Avett Brothers on Saturday at the Reds game

Steven Dunn Sept 3

Sturgill in Chicago Sept 23

Cody Jinks in Bloomington Sept 30

Deer Tick Oct 22

All Them Witches Nov 15

Jason Isbell in Louisville Dec 14

Haven't really listened to much new music lately, I found an old iPod 128g that was loaded with great old music so I've just been listening to that lately. I did listen to Jason Isbell's new album though and really liked it. Probably not as much as Southeastern but it has some great songs in there.

Thats an impressive list of concerts. Im trying to talk myself into getting tickets from Stubhub for Isbell. 5 nights at the Ryman and all 5 sold out in like 10 mins. 

I have added one more concert, Riley Green. His career is probably where Luke Combs and Jon Langston were about two years ago. He is a force in the clubs in the southeast right now. He's doing his first Nashville show in September. Pretty excited. His new EP came out last week and its pretty good. 

You do need to check out the new album by Tyler Childers. I think youll love it. 

19 hours ago, thelawoffices said:

New Luke single is p solid tbh

I have no feelings on it one way or the other. Its kind of just there imo. Was hoping for a more country sound on the new album since he did release Fast and Huntin and Fishin last year, but I guess not.