Devils Country Music Thread

devils1854

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I have no feelings on it one way or the other. Its kind of just there imo. Was hoping for a more country sound on the new album since he did release Fast and Huntin and Fishin last year, but I guess not. 

I don't think this signifies much in terms of there not being a more country sound on the new album. It's actually less bro-ish than I anticipated for the lead single.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, devils1854 said:

3_0_0.jpg

Thats the stage layout for Garth's concert in Atlanta. Im in section K. During the announcement, he did mention that the stadium had an amazing cat walk at the top of the stadium.

I checked ticket prices and the best I could find was $130 in the 300 section. No way I'm paying that so I can sit up in the rafters.

29 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I checked ticket prices and the best I could find was $130 in the 300 section. No way I'm paying that so I can sit up in the rafters.

I paid $625 for 3 tickets. I have never spent that much money for any sporting event/concert in my life. Hell, Ive seen Garth 4 times in the past 4 years and all of those tickets combined probably doesnt hit $625. I dont understand how the people at the stadium can make up prices that much because Garth always keeps his prices cheap enough to the point to where anyone can afford to go. 

15 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I paid $625 for 3 tickets. I have never spent that much money for any sporting event/concert in my life. Hell, Ive seen Garth 4 times in the past 4 years and all of those tickets combined probably doesnt hit $625. I dont understand how the people at the stadium can make up prices that much because Garth always keeps his prices cheap enough to the point to where anyone can afford to go. 

You'll have to let me know how the new stadium is. I wouldn't sit in the 300 section for a football game at the old stadium. Maybe these ones are better.

5 hours ago, TENINCH said:

You'll have to let me know how the new stadium is. I wouldn't sit in the 300 section for a football game at the old stadium. Maybe these ones are better.

Back when I lived in Georgia, I had season tickets to the Falcons and they were upper deck and I loved them. I imagine the new upper deck will be even closer to the field. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I saw The Cadillac Three three times in a week. Glorious. Go online and read the reviews for their first show at eh Ryman. It was freakin fantastic. Maybe my second favorite show behind seeing Garth for the first time in Atlanta in 2014.

Has anyone actually listened to Tyler Childers new album yet? Its Chris Stapleton debut album good, and maybe better. Seeing him on his sole out residency at The Basement next week, and already have tickets for his show here in December. He is blowing up. Every show he is doing is selling out, but then again, he is doing small venues.

Nothing new on the mainstream country front. The new albums from Thomas Rhett and Dustin Lynch are absolutely horrible. Only listened to the new Kip Moore once but its ok so far.

Margo Price has surprised us with a new album in October, Thats a cant miss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching CMAs now.

Opening

• thats all we get of Eric Church?
  • Hootie is awesome although Keith Urban ruins almost everything. I wonder how the whole mob of artists singing the chorus realize that they might be bigger than Darius in Nashville, but none of them can touch the heights of Hootie in the 90s except for Garth. Brooks & Dunn? Nope. Reba? Nope. Tim McGraw? Nope. Luke Bryan? Nope.

Monologue

• Carrie is so hot. Its too bad she is the biggest ***** in Nashville.
  • Cant stand Paisley

Show

• i dont understand single of the year. Shouldnt it be for biggest song since song of the year goes to the best song? Like it or not, Body Like a Backroad is the biggest song in maybe 25 years according to Billboard. Something like 22 weeks at #1. I would think that would easily win, but it didnt.
  • Thomas Rhett....meh
  • Bobby Bones is a turd sandwich
  • Better Man winning song of the year? Bleh. Tin Man is a masterpiece.
  • The Troy Gentry tribute was heartbreaking although I never really was a fan of the duo.
  • Ballerini and Reba were good. I really like Kelsea. Havent gotten the chance to listen to her new album yet.
  • Really hate this new Luke song. Wish he would have sang What Makes You Country. Thats my favorite song of his new album so far.
  • Good song by Miranda
  • Jon Pardi was the right choice for new artist. Great album last year.
  • Did anyone say why Garth lip synced?
  • Really like Borthers Osborne but that was a meh performance.
  • Best Albums? 1.Miranda 2.Isbell. The rest? Not great. Stapleton is going to win these awards for his name alone. Vol 2 will win next year.
  • Did not like Little Big Town singing Wichita Lineman
  • Brothers Osborne was the right choice again
  • Broken Halo is a boring song
  • Not impressed with the Maren Morris and whoever performance
  • That was gorgeous by Carrie
  • No group really stood out this year, but everyone knew Little Big Town would win.
  • How many times can Brad Paisley sing the same exact song with a few different lyrics?
  • What the hell was that from Keith Urban?
  • Miranda was definitely the right choice in female vocalist
  • Love Chattanooga Lucy but that was a bad performance from Church
  • Stapleton as Male Vocalist? There were worse choices.
  • Alan Jackson sounds the same now as he did 25 years ago
  • Garth as entertainer? Biggest tour of all time, so its warranted.

• 5 weeks later...

End of the year stuff will continue this year.

• Should have my EP rankings done in a couple of days. Will probably be around 20 or so.
  • LPs? 50, maybe 60 or 70. Depends on where I stop. There is an obvious #1. After that? I dont really know what will be in the top 10 after that.
  • New artists? Suck. I feel like I say that for the most part every year.
  • Songs and etc? I dont have a clue yet. Cant even think of my favorite song of the year off the top of my hear.
  • I want to do a concert list as well, but Im seeing Tyler Childers for the 3rd time this year tonight. Blank Range is opening. Excited to see them live. Garth tomorrow and Garth next weekend will put me at 4 for the year and 7 overall. Also, seeing Flatland Cavalry next week here in Nashville. Really surprised they are coming here from Texas.....Next year is looking to be great already as well. Secured my tickets for Muscadine Bloodline in Jan(first time seeing), Mickey and the Motorcars in Jan(first time seeing), Wade Bowen in Feb(maybe 5th time seeing him), and Margo Price at the Ryman with Tyler Childers opening in May. That could be the show of the year in 2018.

Top 50 Singles of 2017

This is not my favorites list. It is a list of the top songs of the year.

Chris_Janson_Fix_a_Drink.jpg

50.Eric Church-Kill a Word
49.Zac Brown Band-My Old Man
48.Thomas Rhett-Star of the Show
47.Dierks Bentley-Black
46.Lauren Alaina-Road Less Traveled
45.Luke Bryan-Light it Up
44.Blake Shelton-Ill Name the Dogs
43.Brantley Gilbert-The Weekend
42.Chris Jansen-Fix a Drink
41.Justin Moore-Somebody Else Will

CSFlatliner.jpg