Do you agree?

thebestever6

With the playoff bonus structure?

Teams with byes get no pay for a bye week.

Wild card loser $23,000

Wc winner $25,000

Division round $25,000

Afc title game $46,000

Superbowl loser $52,000

SB winner $103,000

Every player gets the same pay by the league

Listen I know  I sound bad to some because these athletes make millions. This is such a flawed system especially considering how much the level pf play raises.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No work. No pay. I see nothing wrong with it. These players also get the benefit to rest and prepare longer than others and ultimately raise their chances of making even more by appearing or winning in a conference championship and Super Bowl.  

Ok I get that aspect but all players the same.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You mean the contract he just got or last year?

No he made more due to some flaw in the state tax laws and how contracts work because he was on the active list with the Patriots before he signed with the 49ers. 

edit?: Here's a link that explains it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/25/super-bowl-shares-jimmy-garoppolo-tom-brady-new-england-patriots

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No he made more due to some flaw in the state tax laws and how contracts work because he was on the active list with the Patriots before he signed with the 49ers. 

Thats crazy I feel like as a whole the system is flawed though.  I'd love to see the ratio and profit margins from the regular seasons to post season. 

If it was equal I could see the argument but I doubt it . Have a feeling the league is winning big time.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Thats crazy I feel like as a whole the system is flawed though.  I'd love to see the ratio and profit margins from the regular seasons to post season. 

If it was equal I could see the argument but I doubt it .

It would be interesting to see but you know damn well that the NFL would never put out that type of INFO.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It would be interesting to see but you know damn well that the NFL would never put out that type of INFO.

Haha and that's not a coincidence I think they make the most money in the post season. $ 25,000 is a joke for the top 50 % of the roster for the post season.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

At the same time the same wage for playoff play does bring the team closer together imo. Setting it up for better games. We can't prove this it's an opinion I know guys are competitive but having a military equality all for one one for all type structure helps.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

At the same time the same wage for playoff play does bring the team closer together imo. Setting it up for better games. We can't prove this it's an opinion I know guys are competitive but having a military equality all for one one for all type structure helps.

But thats the thing about the NFL. It's a business first and foremost and most players and GM's/Owners are looking at things alot differently. It would be the same as if how you are with your boss. If you get what I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

But thats the thing about the NFL. It's a business first and foremost and most players and GM's/Owners are looking at things alot differently. It would be the same as if how you are with your boss. If you get what I'm saying.

I get it its like what came first chicken or the egg? Do players just,naturally get more competitive during the playoffs or are they all like hungry dogs like jason kelce said? A bunch of hungry dogs looking to make the most money possible.

I have a feeling thats why qbs don't get a lot of playoff incentive deals Peyton Manning was the last one I can think of. Thats a lot of pressure on the qb.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No work. No pay. I see nothing wrong with it. These players also get the benefit to rest and prepare longer than others and ultimately raise their chances of making even more by appearing or winning in a conference championship and Super Bowl.  

Really, the players are expected to show up for practice and film study, yet receive nothing for it, Hum??? In every practice, they risk injury, so I think they are working and getting nothing for it??? I would hardly call that rest???

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

With the playoff bonus structure?

Teams with byes get no pay for a bye week.

Wild card loser $23,000

Wc winner $25,000

Division round $25,000

Afc title game $46,000

Superbowl loser $52,000

SB winner $103,000

Every player gets the same pay by the league

Listen I know  I sound bad to some because these athletes make millions. This is such a flawed system especially considering how much the level pf play raises.

What you are looking at there is the league bonus.  These guys also have incentives in their contract if they make playoffs, probowl, title games, etc...  Dont cry for the upper tier guys, they are well compensated

15 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Really, the players are expected to show up for practice and film study, yet receive nothing for it, Hum??? In every practice, they risk injury, so I think they are working and getting nothing for it??? I would hardly call that rest???

Your taking the word rest way too literal.

And what do mean they get nothing for it - what are you talking about?

Archived