Look for Clinton Dix extension soon!

Deekster37

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I don't need PFF or anyone else to tell me that HHCD had a bad year.  I don't care what you want to blame it on, we saw poor angle after poor angle this year and his tackling wasn't much better.  Coming off his 2016 season, expectations were HIGH on him and rightfully so.  But I'm not going to write him off either.

This

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I don't assume anything, including he's going to revert back to being  a pro-bowl safety. I hope he returns to that form but it is not a given. I think it is fair to question ones character when they cash it in. 

Fair enough. I just get the impression from his body language he was pissed at what they were doing and Capers. Now that that has changed, I expect him to play better. Maybe he's not a PB safety, IDK, but I expect him to be  a more than solid starter

9 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Honestly though, I know PFF is almost completely crap, but it's significantly better than 99% of the opinions here.  That's the only reason I use it for reference. 

Eh, like 85%. They grade on TV tape. When do the safeties show up on that? When they do something good or bad. I only use PFF for OL/DL/LB/RB data. Everything else is just arbitrary to me. 

They also don't listen to coaches when they grade. Like there was a game this year (might have been Cincy) where a back got out of the backfield open for a TD and everyone blamed it on Josh Jones, someone asked Dom about it and he said he wasn't going to blame anyone but the RB was not Jones' man. Who did PFF dock for it in their mid week write up? Josh Jones.

19 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Make sure you don't show a single emotion the next time Clinton-Dix makes a play.  He's a terrible person for not tomahawking his body around the field in a meaningless game at the end of the season. 

Hyperbole! This is your justifcation for a professional cashing it in. Like I said, I hope he reverts to his 'pro-bowl' level of play. I'd be OK with them trading him out of town. If he's wearing 21 in Green and Gold next year, I'll be cheering for him every snap. If he avoids contact, I'll call him out. NO matter who that may piss off. 

18 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Fair enough. I just get the impression from his body language he was pissed at what they were doing and Capers. Now that that has changed, I expect him to play better. Maybe he's not a PB safety, IDK, but I expect him to be  a more than solid starter

I hope you are correct. I know I've been pissed off at Capers for about 6-7 years with how pathetic his defenses were. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Hyperbole! This is your justifcation for a professional cashing it in. Like I said, I hope he reverts to his 'pro-bowl' level of play. I'd be OK with them trading him out of town. If he's wearing 21 in Green and Gold next year, I'll be cheering for him every snap. If he avoids contact, I'll call him out. NO matter who that may piss off. 

When did he ever avoid contact?  Show me when he avoided contact.  I think you're making it up. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Oh, that's definitely conclusive evidence in the last game of a season the Packers were eliminated from playoff contention.  Clinton-Dix avoids contact and should be cut.  Get out of here with that crap. 

HaHa Clinton-Dix does not avoid contact.  Saying that based off one effing play is the epitome of hyperbole.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Make sure you don't show a single emotion the next time Clinton-Dix makes a play.  He's a terrible person for not tomahawking his body around the field in a meaningless game at the end of the season. 

Old man Clay Matthew's played super hard in that meaningless game IRRC. I love that.  

23 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

HHCD played piss poor last year.  He was invisible.  Don't know what the reason was.  Hopefully he'll play better this year.  In my mind he has not earned a big new contract.

It wasn't just the last two games.  I just watched the replay of the Dallas game and nobody had more WTF plays than Dix.

He showed he can't handle the mic-helmet.  He is not a leader and he is NOT a hitter.  I understand the 'one bad year' argument, but DAdams was injured.  Was HaHa?  He had better been injured or else his play was inexcusable.  Other teams roam at will through our secondary with NO FEAR and HaHa is responsible for a lot of that.

Seriously, watch some of the other games from last year- believe your eyes.

Expecting Clinton-Dix to be a hitter is like expecting a 5 foot 8 running back to be capable of power football.  Some safeties are hitters.  Some aren't.  Having said that, one person points to a lack of hitting in one Dallas game, I can point to hitting in another.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/pictures/ha-sean-clinton-dix-8284247#ha-ha-clintondix-of-the-green-bay-packers-tackles-terrance-williams-picture-id631774234

Some safeties are coverage safeties, some are hitters.  Few excel at both. 

This is a depressing journey we're headed down right now.  You'd think after Adams and Randall bouncing back, people would take a little more time to turn on Packers who have bad years. 

Archived