diamondbull424

The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

So Jamison Hensley has an article that makes a lot of sense. Says the Ravens will likely target either Dez Bryant or Jordy Nelson as cap casualties.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/269644/dez-jordy-ravens-15-year-history-suggests-targeted-receiver-is-cap-cut

Has anyone paid much attention to why Nelson’s numbers slipped so much last season? Injuries? Getting old?

Of the two options, who do you like the most?

Who do you think our main offseason targets will ultimately be?

Between those two, Dez. Not even 30 yet. Still see him making those really awesome athletic plays. Think he’s just limited by a running offense and an ultra conservative QB

Throw Sammy into the mix and it gets a little more difficult. A lot younger. But quite a few injuries over the years. But really really good in Buffalo when he was healthy

I actually gotta think about this some more before I vote

As to who I think it will be. I think Emmanuel Sanders or Demaryius Thomas might be more realistic. With Dez we can really only take him if he gets cut and then we’re competing against the rest of the league for him. Jordy I don’t even believe is getting cut. Randall Cobb has about the same cap hit and that seems like a no brainer. But one of the two Broncos I think we could trade for and I believe only have to pay their 8.25 or 8.5 base salary which is affordable 

I don't know that any of those guys are as reliable as we need. Graham has seen better days, and there's no telling how he'd adapt to a new division at this stage of his career. Nelson seems like a guy who Aaron Rodgers made great, and again it's far from a sure thing that he'd be a success. And Watkins always has health questions hanging over him, although he did only miss one game last season, which was an improvement for him.

Bryant is the big question. Is his decline in production on him, or on Prescott and the Cowboys' offense? Arguably it's a bit of both, but he is the kind of player who would play with a chip on his shoulder about being written off.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:38 PM, Darth Pees said:

Of those targets, the most realistic is Jimmy Graham. The best would be Jordy Nelson, though.

Not a huge Jordy Nelson fan. I think he's good, but I don't think he would improve the offense drastically.

Give me JIM-MAY!!!!!!!

And right the wrongs of 2010 and get me Dez! Why choose one when you can cut half the team and give me both?

#yessir

5 hours ago, paraven said:

Ive seen things posted on other sites stating we offered some picks last year for landry. Nothing from an official "source" but where there is smoke there is fire

Interesting. I'm not sure what type of pick I would be comfortable with the Ravens giving up. I think the most I’d be comfortable with would be a 3rd round pick. We already would have to give him a huge deal and that’s what Miami would’ve gotten by way of a compensatory pick anyway.

With that in mind, if we trade for Landry, then I think we REALLY need to find a way to trade down in the draft. We need more than just Landry to complete our receiving core, but we also would need some beef up front too. Trading down would allow us to secure all the pieces we would need if we do it the right way.

I like Landry, but this is getting too expensive for my taste.

There are so far more than 10 receivers I think could improve/add talent to our WR core in the draft, and adding 2-3 free agents at receiver and tight end could raise the current floor we have.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I like Landry, but this is getting too expensive for my taste.

There are so far more than 10 receivers I think could improve/add talent to our WR core in the draft, and adding 2-3 free agents at receiver and tight end could raise the current floor we have.

I understand it though. A veteran coming in is going to already understand the NFL. You don’t have to wait for them to catch up to that, just the new team. Even the best rookie receiver is usually going to be more of a 700 yds receiving option vs a 1000 yd plus season.

45 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I understand it though. A veteran coming in is going to already understand the NFL. You don’t have to wait for them to catch up to that, just the new team. Even the best rookie receiver is usually going to be more of a 700 yds receiving option vs a 1000 yd plus season.

I believe he would fit very well with us, and I really liked his abilities when he was drafted and still do, but the only way he will be worth the money if he has a young Boldin impact.

Archived