The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I know it's a total long shot but at this point, I want to see how things shake out in Dallas with Dez Bryant. 

nah, theres not enough space on the field for a crabtree and a dez bryant to coexist, that ship has sailed IMO

I would be more inclined to bring back Wallace for 1 more season rather than go with Hurns. Something screams "Kamar Aiken" type of receiver production from him.

Bring in DJ Moore and get it over with. Add a Deontay Burnett later in the draft. Then we got Wallace, Crabtree, Brown, Moore, Moore, Burnett and Adeboyjo/White.

That would give us a little bit of everything and have us covered for Browns 5-6 missed games and Crabtrees 1-3 games suspensions

23 minutes ago, Danand said:

I would be more inclined to bring back Wallace for 1 more season rather than go with Hurns. Something screams "Kamar Aiken" type of receiver production from him.

Bring in DJ Moore and get it over with. Add a Deontay Burnett later in the draft. Then we got Wallace, Crabtree, Brown, Moore, Moore, Burnett and Adeboyjo/White.

That would give us a little bit of everything and have us covered for Browns 5-6 missed games and Crabtrees 1-3 games suspensions

Whether you like it or not, I guarantee you Perriman will be on the roster over Adeboyjo/White.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I could see us staying put for either a BPA WR or OL, but that's about it. I think the chances of us trading back grow stronger every day.

I can see a trade back for us as well. Something Decosta said in an interview a whole back is ringing in my mind. "WR position is strongest in the mid rounds" I can see them doubling up mid rounds on WRs. 

I'm not the biggest fan of this. I'd like to grab Moore or Ridley if we can. Raven drafts are always different though. Never know what to expect. 

They should still aim for WR and TE in the draft. This idea that they're getting serious about finding targets for Joe is all well and good, but if they confine themselves to two or three FA signings, to replace the FA signings they had but haven't bothered to keep, so they can go defense again in the draft, then it's clear they've learned nothing.

But I'm fully prepared to see something stupid like Safety/ILB in the first, D-line in the second, O-line in the third, and then a paltry attempt at WR, with another raw, fast guy in the fourth or fifth rounds.

I'm sorry, but Crabtree, Brown, Snead and Perriman still isn't a good WR corps. It just isn't. It's better than Wallace, Maclin and Perriman true, but it's still an assortment of #2, #3 and #4 receivers.

Honestly I think any WR at 16 is a reach. And I don’t even think it’s our biggest need anymore. We don’t have what you’d call a #1 but you really don’t need one. I think we could improve a lot more with a TE, OL, or interior pass rusher. I’d much rather go BPA and TreQuan Smith or Anthony Miller in the 2nd. Or DaeSran Hamilton later than that.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Honestly I think any WR at 16 is a reach. And I don’t even think it’s our biggest need anymore. We don’t have what you’d call a #1 but you really don’t need one. I think we could improve a lot more with a TE, OL, or interior pass rusher. I’d much rather go BPA and TreQuan Smith or Anthony Miller in the 2nd. Or DaeSran Hamilton later than that.

It definitely still is a need. Let's not forget Smokey Brown's injury history, as well as Perrimans (if on the roster). DeVier Posey is a wild card in our WR room. I'd like to see us come out of the draft with at least 2 WRs. 

If we can get a WR at 16 or a little later via trade back and sneak in the TE Gesicki in the 2nd, I'd be over the moon. Nick Chubb in the 3rd? I'm headed on vacation to celebrate.. 

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

We've been hearing this for years now. How has it ever worked out for us?

How many years did it take for the Ravens to finally get decent depth in the secondary? Too many, but still not nearly as many as we've been waiting for them to have a receiving corps that wouldn't be laughed out of most other NFL organisations.

I don't care about value. Overdraft a guy? So what. If you think he's going to put up 1000 yard seasons, then get him. Nothing could be more valuable to the Ravens that a WR who can make plays consistently. Combine value with waiting to pick someone up in later rounds, and you end up missing out, round after round. We've seen it happen often enough to understand it by now, surely?

Archived