diamondbull424

The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

I feel like we need a strength position so signing Snead and then drafting Ridley (if he’s there) at 16 would be a potential no brainer... I think our draft falls like this....

1st -Ridley Wr Alabama 

2nd-O. Brown RT Oklahoma

3rd-M. Andrews TE Oklahoma 

4th-Surprise Small School defensive prospect

5th-Bo Scarborough RB Alabama

6th-Small School OLine prospect

comp 6th- Useless WR prospect 

Lol... this is the Ravens we’re talking about 

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Honestly I think any WR at 16 is a reach. And I don’t even think it’s our biggest need anymore. We don’t have what you’d call a #1 but you really don’t need one. I think we could improve a lot more with a TE, OL, or interior pass rusher. I’d much rather go BPA and TreQuan Smith or Anthony Miller in the 2nd. Or DaeSran Hamilton later than that.

1 hour ago, EastsideEZ said:

I feel like we need a strength position so signing Snead and then drafting Ridley (if he’s there) at 16 would be a potential no brainer... I think our draft falls like this....

1st -Ridley Wr Alabama 

2nd-O. Brown RT Oklahoma

3rd-M. Andrews TE Oklahoma 

4th-Surprise Small School defensive prospect

5th-Bo Scarborough RB Alabama

6th-Small School OLine prospect

comp 6th- Useless WR prospect 

Lol... this is the Ravens we’re talking about 

I kind of agree with both of these points of view. Making the receiver a strength position would give us a core to rely on for the first time in franchise history and give Flacco a true make or break season, whereby if he can’t get it done with such talent, we deserve to move on from him.

That said, you win in this league by having  the best cast of players. With the number of quarterbacks that are likely to go in the top 10, at 16, we could be in a position to take a top notch player.

If the player is an ILB or OT or an interior pass rusher, then that could be an interesting dilemma. Because an elite Inside Rusher could give us an elite group, same with an elite ILB. That’s hard to pass up.

Ultimately, if OT Connor Williams is available, he might make things easy. As we both need an OT and he’s the only elite OT in this draft class. The fact that he could fall to 16 and give Flacco excellent protection would be a no brained.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Wouldn't he still be a complimentary piece in Dallas? Terrence Williams isn't much to rely on these days, either.

Perhaps.  There's been talk about him being asked to take a pay cut, the team possibly moving on, etc.

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

Perhaps.  There's been talk about him being asked to take a pay cut, the team possibly moving on, etc.

I mean, I hope so, but in terms of our team I'm not sure stocking up our WR group with aging guys like Dez and Crabtree does anything positive unless they're just trying to ride out Flacco's remaining 2 years with reliable targets until we completely rebuild.

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I mean, I hope so, but in terms of our team I'm not sure stocking up our WR group with aging guys like Dez and Crabtree does anything positive unless they're just trying to ride out Flacco's remaining 2 years with reliable targets until we completely rebuild.

Wasn't even saying for our team only (although I wouldn't mind it), just more broadly wondering what it means for his situation there as one I have been loosely watching.

To your point, though, if you asked me whether I would rather pick up a cut Dez or draft a WR 1/2nd round, it's easily the latter for me.

Just now, sp6488 said:

To your point, though, if you asked me whether I would rather pick up a cut Dez or draft a WR 1/2nd round, it's easily the latter for me.

Same. I think Crabtree will be fine as the vet in the locker room. We need to spend the remaining roster spots for WR getting younger and just better overall.

Archived