15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

32 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Yeah we weren't making an offer that big

I am not a math guy, but that looks like a 14 a year million deal. Thats a HUGE contract. We don't even have capspace to lowball that offer, we were never in contention.

Go receiver heavy in the draft.

Mike Preston is overreacting already, and various fans agree with him. Once again, I am happy we are not contending in the beginning of free agency. We miss out of the biggest names, but with how we are set up, it would only make matters worse to try to compete with those contracts.

We could still opt to try to resign Jensen if none of the receivers/tight ends will come to us, and then shape our oline with what we have moving Alex Lewis/Gillmore to the RT while also using them in jumbo packages, and then focus on the skill positions in the draft. There are some "pro ready" receivers that should be able to help instantly.

The way free agency is shaking out makes it look more likely that Maclin is going to be sticking around. He didn't have a great year but he may get another shot. Adding other guys like Moncrief, Ridley/Moore and another 3rd tier WR seems to be the way we're gonna go barring cuts of other teams. 

It's waaaaay to early to panic but as of right now. Looks like the same old Ravens. 

so donte moncfrief or bust huh? 

Maclin, ( one of Ridley/Moore/Sutton), Moncrief, C. Moore, Perriman  >>>>> Maclin, Wallace,  Perriman, C. Moore.

Like @baltimoreRebel posted, Maclin will most likely be back, which im ok with. I always thought he got a raw deal last season. Let him have a full offseason with Joe and see if he can at least get back to being a serviceable wr. 8 months ago we were all celebrating when he signed here. Im ok with not giving watkins all that money, Theres a reason hes bounces around a few teams this early in his career. The only guy I truly wanted/ thought ravens had a chance to get was Landry, so once he was gone, I gave up hope on adding through FA

It was my assumption, that Maclin didn't really gel with our coaching staff and FO, which was a primary reason to everyone believing he would be gone. I'd say go with Wallace if anything, and then just keep adding in the draft.

We added 1 oline, if we add Jensen, we only have 1 question mark at RT and we could go heavy on the skillpositions in the draft.

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

It was my assumption, that Maclin didn't really gel with our coaching staff and FO, which was a primary reason to everyone believing he would be gone. I'd say go with Wallace if anything, and then just keep adding in the draft.

We added 1 oline, if we add Jensen, we only have 1 question mark at RT and we could go heavy on the skillpositions in the draft.

if that was the case, why wasnt he one of the first guys to be announced he was going to be cut. A restructure is probably in the mix

30 minutes ago, paraven said:

if that was the case, why wasnt he one of the first guys to be announced he was going to be cut. A restructure is probably in the mix

Could be waiting to sign another WR to let him go I suppose. Guarantee yourself a replacement before actually cutting ties. 

Carr coming back is good. You don't let go of starting calibre CBs unless you have to, and with Jimmy's health concerns, Carr could be invaluable.

Howard being released might mean they see Lewis moving to RT as a realistic option. Or it might not. The Tackles in the draft are mostly way over-hyped this year. No one worth picking earlier than round 3.

Maclin returning? No thanks. It looks like he may, but what a waste of time and effort he was. I don't see that changing. If he is back though, Wallace probably won't be.

Archived