The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

"But he's a high character guy, great locker room presence, blah blah blah."

Harbs still seems scared of taking risks of any kind, other than ill advised fake punts and 4th down conversions. I love Torrey, but he's just not a player the Ravens need, other than as a #4 WR.

In all honesty, I don’t find the difference between Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith to be all that different, in terms of what they bring to the table. Neither one has proven that they can be “the guy”. 

Smith has had some down years recently, but looks like the same player... but just isn’t being force fed the ball like with us. One thing about Torrey is that he seemed to always make the clutch receptions. Torrey also was a better deep threat option and red zone threat for us than Wallace... he consistently had more touchdowns and red zone touchdowns. He wasn’t as good all around, but if we’re spending this offseason picking up legit receivers, he shouldn’t need to be an all around guy. His one trick should open up the rest of the offense. 

So I’m all for the Ravens surveying the market and going with EITHER Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith, whichever comes cheaper. Two veteran receivers that defenses have to respect deep. Torrey is also younger and likely to have more tread left on the tires. He’s already left to make money and already won another championship, I think both sides could be content in a reunion.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

apparently a deal between Bears and Fins is near for Landry. Swapping picks in the 1st, JHoward for Landry and Fins add a 3rd round pick. 

Good. He never really seemed like much of a realistic option for us.

Very intriguing talent, but the supposed interest the Ravens had with him just never seemed very understandable from a trade standpoint. To give up draft resources that Ozzie covets to pay Landry over $13m, that just doesn’t seem worth it.

I’d much rather take to the draft and get our WR there. We should have our pick of the litter (for the most part) as none of the receivers are really even CLOSE to being touted as top 20 picks outside of Calvin Ridley. If we can’t find a productive receiver out of this bunch, with plenty of sizes and styles to choose from, then we need to make a serious front office overhaul.

If we’re going for a splash signing I’d rather it be for a veteran receiver that we’re not going to be tied long to. Such as Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, or Jimmy Graham. Each of whom we would probably only have to worry about a cap hit of about $10m... especially if we do an extension of some sort.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

We should have our pick of the litter (for the most part) as none of the receivers are really even CLOSE to being touted as top 20 picks outside of Calvin Ridley. If we can’t find a productive receiver out of this bunch, with plenty of sizes and styles to choose from, then we need to make a serious front office overhaul.

This. This WR class is crazy with depth and different skill sets. 

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Nfl.com saying we’re going after Moncrief. Another WR who would be awesome if he could catch the ball. Nothing changes 

He was productive when Luck was playing. I haven’t really studied his game...apparently he can’t catch? 

For a 1yr cheap deal, I’d be with it. He could be a nice #3 with a draft pick in addition to Robinson/Watkins/Landry. He’s gotta be better than Moore and Perriman.

Archived