Blake Bortles extended through 2020 season

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I've been stressing this for years.. he has to use his feet more when things break down you. Also the safeties have to account for your mobility and you force them to cheat up and up on passing lanes. Its like Blake at times is out to prove he is a prototypical pocket passer and for the life of me I don't understand that. I rather see him scramble for yardage than getting his ball swatted down at the line of scrimmage.

Yea i just dont get why he never ran vs New England

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I've been stressing this for years.. he has to use his feet more when things break down you. Also the safeties have to account for your mobility and you force them to cheat up and up on passing lanes. Its like Blake at times is out to prove he is a prototypical pocket passer and for the life of me I don't understand that. I rather see him scramble for yardage than getting his ball swatted down at the line of scrimmage.

It always seems to me like Bortles is more a "dual mode" QB, rather than a "dual threat" guy.  In the sense that it's like there's a switch that flips between modes for him, rather than sort of fluidly shifting between the two modes.  Once he does a bit of running the ball, it's almost like he gets into a rhythm with it.  But until then...it's like he doesn't see it as an option.

I kinda wonder if some early designed runs would work in getting him rolling with the "hey, i can run the ball pretty decently" thing.  Though i don't particularly love the idea of QBs running and exposing themselves to a bunch of hard hits like that.  It might make him more effective if it opens up his ability to fluidly use his legs when needed more.

Archived