Let's get a QB!!!

Deekster37

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

Even if they reschedule, Baker isn't making it to Miami. The backup QB market is so bad that the Dolphins might have to outbid the Titans to even sign Henne. I think they should just roll with David Fales and Brandon Doughty, and see what happens in the back of the draft. If Tannehill goes down again, our season is over anyway, even if they sign Henne.

Yep the time for washed-up "veteran" QBs is done.

Get some young pups behind Tannehill and see if they bite. I wouldn't have minded McCarron, figured he might be cheap (guess not), plus a draft pick (2nd or later).

Easy to see scenarios where none of the top QBs are available when the Dolphins pick at No. 11. Time to make other plans.

Armando

Interested to see where they go from now. I'm not sold on Roquan Smith personally and not a fan of going DT that early either. 

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

Armando

Interested to see where they go from now. I'm not sold on Roquan Smith personally and not a fan of going DT that early either. 

He also has received some medical red flags at the combine from multiple teams, apparently.  Throw in that he needs more poop in his pants to play anyway, and I pass on Smith.  I wouldn't hate a pick of Vea.  My pipe dream is somehow Nelson making it all the way to 11, but it is as I said, a pipe dream.

I am also on board with Nelson at 11. He's the guy I've wanted all along but as you said, seriously doubt he makes it to us. My problem with Vea isn't him personally, it's the position. We had a top 3 DT in the league that got double-teamed every snap and our rush D was still mediocre. Unless you fall on a guy like Donald, DT isn't a position I'd be comfortable picking that early in any draft. Whoever we get at 11, isn't going to top Suh imo.. 

I personally don't see any glaring holes in this roster other than TE and DT. Just need to raise the talent level. I think we can truly go BPA here which is exciting since we haven't been able to do so in a while. Could land a solid DB to pair up with either Reshad or Xavien . Also could take a LB like Edmunds to play alongside Kiko and Raekwon. 

Archived