Let's get a QB!!!

Deekster37

Mayfield is the QB the Dolphins want. They wouldn't be putting all of this effort into him for nothing. The Jets are the only team with the ability to mess up Miami's plans. So Miami is going to have to get in front of the Jets. Trading up, using a player, is the best bet. I would be talking to Landry, and the Browns. We go up to 4. Browns drop to 11, get Landry, and a 3rd. We have 2 4ths so that shouldn't hurt Miami to bad. Remember, a trade doesn't always have to follow the chart. The Browns the their QB of the future, and a pro-bowl WR in Landry. They will still be able to draft another impact player at 11. The Dolphins get Mayfield, and Gase, Tannenbaum, and Grier buy themselves 3 more seasons to get this team turned around.

3 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

I would be talking to Landry, and the Browns. We go up to 4. Browns drop to 11, get Landry, and a 3rd. We have 2 4ths so that shouldn't hurt Miami to bad. Remember, a trade doesn't always have to follow the chart.

Unless this trade happens well before the draft a la the trade with the Eagles a couple years ago, this is a pipe dream. Landry won't be on the team come April, not under his $16m cap hit. It simply isn't realistic, and it's being reported as extremely unlikely to happen.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

Mayfield is the QB the Dolphins want. They wouldn't be putting all of this effort into him for nothing. The Jets are the only team with the ability to mess up Miami's plans. So Miami is going to have to get in front of the Jets. Trading up, using a player, is the best bet. I would be talking to Landry, and the Browns. We go up to 4. Browns drop to 11, get Landry, and a 3rd. We have 2 4ths so that shouldn't hurt Miami to bad. Remember, a trade doesn't always have to follow the chart. The Browns the their QB of the future, and a pro-bowl WR in Landry. They will still be able to draft another impact player at 11. The Dolphins get Mayfield, and Gase, Tannenbaum, and Grier buy themselves 3 more seasons to get this team turned around.

That would be a huge get for Cleveland plus it keeps Landry away from the Ravens. I could see the Dolphins trading with the Browns in this scenario only if the they know Josh Allen will probably be at 11. Otherwise I think the Phone will be paying more and moving up to the Colts spot at third overall.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Unless this trade happens well before the draft a la the trade with the Eagles a couple years ago, this is a pipe dream. Landry won't be on the team come April, not under his $16m cap hit. It simply isn't realistic, and it's being reported as extremely unlikely to happen.

Exactly. 4 is just one spot too long to allow the Jets or another interested team swoop in last minute during the draft.

19 hours ago, Phingasm 23 said:

WHAT?  Are you insane?  Did you watch football last year?  They both are junk.  Lets get Mayfield and end this 18 year QB horror show!

Read the opening title buddy! I was saying if I needed a bridge guy

Rumor mill has the Saints as a team that wants to trade up for Mayfield. Saints front office feel that Mayfield would be a shoe in to their existing offense and not miss a beat once Brees retires in 1 to 3 years. Bills are also rumored to be looking into trading up for Mayfield. They feel that Lamar Jackson will be too much of a project for them, and Mason Rudolph doesn't seem to fit their offense.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:39 AM, Deekster37 said:

Lol! That adds to my original point to grab a QB at 11...... especially Allen .......if he is there?! We need that shot of  winning juice as an organization  and i think young blood brings that especially with "Gase can crack the case" at the helm!  I'm not the biggest fan of Cutler trust me I'm a season ticket holder for the packers!.........I've seen plenty of QB stuff......of Cutler! I'm  just sayin for one year to bridge to the next guy I would like Cutler......T-Hill keeps you trapped in that yeah maybee he has it this year guys........... oh ****  we ended 7-9 or better world! No thanks! Also I have a time share in Houston......I watched Watson change that city football wise! ....... imo that's what Miami needs! But im not trying to be rude just my opinion! That's why we're here right............you guys are  not far off

I get what you’re saying.  You’re saying it would be easier to move on from Cutler than T-hill should we have an heir apparent waiting in the wings and that maybe Cutler would be a better tutor (possible).  The only thing about that is that T-hill wouldn’t be owed anything if we cut him before March 2019, so that would make him almost perfect for a one season stop gap to an heir apparent.

Im part owner of the Pack.......one share of stock LOL......nevertheless I’m technically part owner and I love to tell everyone and listen to them tell me I’m full of it LOL.

I'm very curious what Teddy Bridgewater will command in FA. He said he's looking for a 1-2 year deal.

He's 25 and has been out of football longer than Tannehill.. it's being 'reported' on twitter he is spending time in Miami working out with DeVante Parker.

36 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'm very curious what Teddy Bridgewater will command in FA. He said he's looking for a 1-2 year deal.

He's 25 and has been out of football longer than Tannehill.. it's being 'reported' on twitter he is spending time in Miami working out with DeVante Parker.

I think Bridgewater would be a downgrade from Tannehill but could be a decent backup option if that's what he's looking for.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think Bridgewater would be a downgrade from Tannehill but could be a decent backup option if that's what he's looking for.

I meant him as a back up / insurance policy for Tannehill. Might not be be Bridgewater's ideal scenario but with 4 likely QBs being taken in the 1st round + a flush FA QB market.. who knows.

Archived