3 rounds w/ trades

bananabucket

11 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

This. I’d love Falk; don’t like Rudolph. I have a far higher grade on Falk and he fits the scheme better too. I’d probably go for Jones II or Michel over Guice because of the 3rd down value, but then again White is a great third down back, so it gets tricky. We’ll see... 

I agree, Michel is the best back in the draft to me but Jones and Guice aren't far behind. Barkley too but his value is so high right now that he won't be available outside of the top 10.

Its not a bad Bills draft, as we get a franchise qb, but...  I would much prefer trading up higher if that's what it takes to get Darnold or Rosen.   CB Hill doesn't really fit our scheme and our coaching staff probably won't want a player with as much baggage. I would prefer Dawson from Florida or Yiadom from Boston College if we are going CB here.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

We aren't going to help the bills get a franchise QB lol.Also not a fan of really any of the players you had us taking would have rather went

R1: Will Hernandez

R1: James Washington

R2: Sony Michel

R2: Carlton Davis 

R2: Dorance Armstrong

R3: Mason Cole

That does look good, however keep in mind that I don't know who is going to be available later on when I'm making the picks.  Carlton Davis for example probably has no business falling that far so in that light Hughes makes sense to take.  But all in all I was not too happy with how the Jets draft turned out.  The problem was that when I made the trade down I was expecting two great options at 21 and 22 but that just didnt really materialize.  I was set on giving them an EDGE early but no one was worth it in the first, so when the next pick came around I felt forced to take a chance on Key.  However from what I understand center is your next biggest need (other than QB), so I thought Daniels was a decent choice.

Also, I wanted to give the Jets a WR (hence the Gallup pick) but from what I've seen, Jets fans are pretty happy with their group so I waited till later on.

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Don't get me wrong i like Da'ron Payne but he dang sure isn't worth trading up that much for.  The only 2 players i offer a 1st 3rd and 4th to go get would be Quenten Nelson or Roquan smith. That is it and only it.  The next closest one i would offer that for is Vita Vea but i still wouldn't for him honestly because Dt is deep this year so it wouldn't be worth it.

I would much rather stay where we are in this draft since we can't get Nelson or Smith with that trade up and even then i wouldn't offer all that this year it would be a 1st and 3rd this year and a 4th next year to do it.   Then take Wynn at OG in the 1st   Mark Andrews in the 2nd at TE and B.J. Hill at DT/NT in the 3rd. 

I knew you in particular were not going to like that trade lol.  This was my first mock with trades so I knew some were going to be unhappy.  When scanning the field for possible Seattle trade partners, I chose the Falcons because a) they've shown willingness to do it in the past, b) they don't have many needs so they could be aggressive with one of their bigger ones.

DL isn't exactly a top need for the Titans but a need neither the less. Although Armstrong in the second, and Jerome Baker in the Third would of been better. We need our front seven overhauled. We are getting old there. 

Also if you are going to mock the Titans a Corner make it a taller one. We only have one Corner with height. 

2 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I knew you in particular were not going to like that trade lol.  This was my first mock with trades so I knew some were going to be unhappy.  When scanning the field for possible Seattle trade partners, I chose the Falcons because a) they've shown willingness to do it in the past, b) they don't have many needs so they could be aggressive with one of their bigger ones.

I think you misunderstand that i have no problems with trading up although we have alot more needs than you are thinking :D  We have atleast 3 or4 starting needs and maybe 2 or 3 depth needs.  But yeah for the right player im all for trading up but it's gotta be a legit trade worthy guy.  Like a top 10 to 15 player who fell to us and not a guy who some people don't even have being drafted till after us lol.   The fact that our 2 biggest needs though are at DT/DE/NT, and OG and that is 2 of the most loaded positions in this draft doesn't make sense to move up for one if you are drafting smart.   Unless as said it's for a crazy good prospect that you otherwise wouldn't have a chance to get someone similar to them at all.  

Plus you gotta think with all we need giving up 3 picks for 1 guy in 1 draft while also missing a 5th rounder already  that leaves us a 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th   Thats gonna be real hard to get legit depth and players doing that.  Thats why i said move a draft pick to next year would be a wise move for any team to do even if it's say a move up in the pick like from a 4th this year to a 3rd next year or something. 

If a 1st, 3rd, and 3rd would get us to a guy like Nelson, Smith, Edmunds etc..  Someone top 10 caliber who fell then sure go for it and don't hesitate.  But for a guy who is 100% no better than guys like Bryan, Wynn, and Price whats the use in doing it we are pretty much giving up 2 extra players for the same quality talent as we can already get.    Thats all im saying is make the trade worth it if we are gonna do it.  Not to do a trade at all as im never against trading f it's done right and the players worth of doing it for.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

I think you misunderstand that i have no problems with trading up although we have alot more needs than you are thinking :D  We have atleast 3 or4 starting needs and maybe 2 or 3 depth needs.  But yeah for the right player im all for trading up but it's gotta be a legit trade worthy guy.  Like a top 10 to 15 player who fell to us and not a guy who some people don't even have being drafted till after us lol.   The fact that our 2 biggest needs though are at DT/DE/NT, and OG and that is 2 of the most loaded positions in this draft doesn't make sense to move up for one if you are drafting smart.   Unless as said it's for a crazy good prospect that you otherwise wouldn't have a chance to get someone similar to them at all.  

Plus you gotta think with all we need giving up 3 picks for 1 guy in 1 draft while also missing a 5th rounder already  that leaves us a 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th   Thats gonna be real hard to get legit depth and players doing that.  Thats why i said move a draft pick to next year would be a wise move for any team to do even if it's say a move up in the pick like from a 4th this year to a 3rd next year or something. 

If a 1st, 3rd, and 3rd would get us to a guy like Nelson, Smith, Edmunds etc..  Someone top 10 caliber who fell then sure go for it and don't hesitate.  But for a guy who is 100% no better than guys like Bryan, Wynn, and Price whats the use in doing it we are pretty much giving up 2 extra players for the same quality talent as we can already get.    Thats all im saying is make the trade worth it if we are gonna do it.  Not to do a trade at all as im never against trading f it's done right and the players worth of doing it for.

I get what you're saying, makes total sense.  Personally I think there's no chance Payne makes it to 26 but what do I know.

FWIW I did a tradeless mock before this one and gave the Falcons Taven Bryan, Hayden Hurst, and Austin Corbett.  See I can make mocks that please everyone but wheres the fun in that lol

2 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I get what you're saying, makes total sense.  Personally I think there's no chance Payne makes it to 26 but what do I know.

FWIW I did a tradeless mock before this one and gave the Falcons Taven Bryan, Hayden Hurst, and Austin Corbett.  See I can make mocks that please everyone but wheres the fun in that lol

The other mock was a beast i liked it quite well.   As far as Payne who knows he is expected to be somewhere between 18 and 32 in most mocks.  But with that said when you got 4 or 5 other guys like Hurst, Bryan, Wynn, Price, Mcglinchy in some cases, and maybe even Payne all with a good chance to fall to you in the next 5 to 8 picks or so then just wait it out since their all simimlar value guys.

I tell you what though if you want to throw out a 1st, 3rd, 7th this year and a 3rd next year to go to 13 if their interested i'll take a stab at Smith ;)

Archived