TCMD AWARDS THREAD- Awards Posted!!!!

EaglesPeteC

TCMD AWARDS

At the end of this mock we will have an awards ceremony where we will give you fake honors for the real work you put into giving fake money to real players to help teams that we have no authority over.

HOW THIS WILL RUN

You will all get a chance to vote via Google Forum from a list of nominees that I chose to determine the winners. I will choose the nominees at the end of the day, but I'd love to hear your pitches and arguments and opinions of who should get those nominations. I will take all opinions into account, but at the end of the day, I'll make the call. 

Please don't pitch your own moves. We get it. You really like your moves. Of course you do, you made them. But I want to hear what the other GM's did that has really impressed you.

Post your thoughts about any award at anytime. This is an open forum to voice your opinions to help me determine nominations. Don't be shy!

HERE ARE THE CATEGORIES (we may add and subtract as we go)

BEST OFFSEASON (BEST GM)

What team do you think improved the most in this mock for 2018 and beyone. Factor in cap space, Free Agents, future picks, future cap space, trades, draft, waiver wire etc

BEST FREE AGENCY

Who got the best free agent haul? Factor in needs, fit, money spent and cap space remaining now and in the future

BEST DRAFT

Who collected the most impressive draft. Factor in need and value?

Best Free Agent Signing 

Best individual signing. Factor in need, impact of player and price

Most Impactful Free Agent Signing 

Forget the price, who got the player that will help their team the most.

Best Value Free Agent Signing

What signing will give their team the most value at the lowest cost?

Best Trade 

What trade really made BOTH TEAMS better in this mock.

Best First Round Pick

Who got the best value, the best player or just the best fit in round 1

Best Second Round Pick

Same as above but for Round 2

Best Third Round Pick

Samesies but for Round 3

Best Fourth Round Pick

You get the idea....

Best Draft Steal (Round 5-7 pick)

Who got that late round gem?

Mock Spirit Award

What GM has embodied everything we want TCMD to be?

a) played the game with class 

b) tried to have an active War Room

c) was active the entire mock

d) all picks were timely

e) didn't try and game the system

f) respectful in trade talks and through out mock discussions

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR OPINIONS.

Trades that stood out to me so far.

The Browns and Chiefs Marcus Peters trade.

The Chiefs get more value in this mock than they did in real life and the Browns turn a pick into a sure fire play maker

@cortes02 @samsel23

The Jets trading up to #2 with the Giants. The Jets need to get a QB and now. The get up.to #2 before FA to guarentee they get one of the top 2 guys and were able to spend cash elsewhere. Giants move back and get more capital with Eli still in place. Win/win

@KingOfTheDot @ny92jefferis

Who's got another trade that stood out to you?

As a value free agent, I love the Packers snagging Tyrell Williams. He coukd really explode with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. I'd bet he'd out produce several higher priced wide outs in this scenario @squire12

For impact, what is more intimidating than the idea of Le'Veon Bell behind Tom Brady? @Deadpulse

For overall free agency, i love what the Saints have done. No huge names but a slew of great signing and resignings to fill out the overall depth of that team. My favorite of the bunch was Trey Burton. @whodatOL

Who do you think has really helped themselves in free agency?

Free Agency Transactions to consider for Awards 

Round 1

Best Moves

Miami landing Jack Mewhort for a cap hit in year one of 1.8 million.

Jarvis Landry to the Jaguars.

Kirk Cousins on a 6 year deal to Denver was a smart move.  The team has struggled since Manning retired with trying to find his replacement in the draft, I think he'd do well in Denver and the move allows them more flexibility in the draft.

Atlanta signing Kony Ealy for basically nothing.  He isn't an all pro but a very solid back up, who's had 15 sacks his 19 starts.

Houston landing Nate Solder, yes he would have destroyed his cap for the next few years, but aside from that, Nate was the only real tackle with value in the free agency.  As the Giants GM that signing forced me to change my game plan.

New England landing Le'Veon Bell.  When New England calls you to play football, I can't see how he would consider playing anywhere else and he surely wouldn't be looking to retire.

Giants (yes its my team) but still think its worth putting up that Malcolm Butler to the Giants on a modest contract was a first round solid move, especially after releasing Eli Apple for a top 3rd round pick.

Paul Richardson to New Orleans was a great pick up.  Almost a 1000 yard season last year, with Brees at QB it'll be much higher than that.

The Bengals signing Tahir Whitehead, best 43OLB in the free agency.  I was really hoping that my bid was enough to get him signed in NY.

Tyrell Williams - WR with the Packers....Solid pick up.

Worst Moves

Denver paying starter money to both Kirk Cousins and AJ McCarron.  First year cap hit for both quarterbacks is over 30 million.  

Also, noteworthy was releasing 1720 - Trevor Siemian - QB to waivers, where he was quickly signed by the Giants on the cheap.

Minnesota Vikings, imo overpaid for Jimmy Graham.

Houston overpaid for Kyle Fuller in addition Nate Solder.

Peppers and Dansby returning to their respective teams for one last run.

Round 2

Best Moves

Green Bay signing Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Rams going after Avery Williamson, I considered it myself and looking back I wish I had kept my offer on him.  He's a two down linebacker but nonetheless he's good at what he does.

Tampa Bay picking up Bashaud Breeland, underrated cornerback imo.

Brent Grimes, oldie but a goodie.

Dontari Poe was a solid pickup for TB.  Just turned his defensive line into a freak show playing opposite Gerald McCoy mix in Wilkerson......damn.

Isaiah Crowell to Detroit.  Stafford's team will get him over that "less than 1000 yd" hump.  Great pick up the more I think about it.

Kevin Minter to New England improves their defense.

Kansas City landing Patrick Omameh for a 3 million cap hit in 2018.

San Fran stealing Ross Cockwell - CB from the Giants.  He's better suited in a 34 defense playing zone, where he should excel in the niners defense.

Tennessee resigning Ryan Succop - K

Vontae Davis returning to play in Miami.

New Orleans resigning Willie Snead on the cheap.

Worst Moves

Oakland resigning the banned Aldon Smith.  Last thing I read was the NFL still hasn't taken any official action to reinstate him.  If something has changed let me know.

Colin Kaepernick, spends the time playing politics when he should be practicing.  More of a distraction at this point, imo would do more damage than good. 

Morris Claiborne was a first round pick a few years back that just really never developed.  While the contract was well put together the Jets offer would have been more costly the first year of the contract.

Round 3

Best Moves

San Fran signing Anthony Hitchens - LB 

Blaine Gabbert to the Chiefs for a veteran backup with a cap hit of just over 1 million....solid move.

Cleveland signing nickel corner Captain Munnerlyn, cost to get him was high but they've got the money to pay him..

Buffalo going after Davon House - CB for a good price.

Jets landing linebacker, Demario Davis.

Atlanta signing Matt Slauson - G

Worst Moves

Teams are paying on average 80% higher than the players asking price.

Round 4

Best Moves

Seattle signing Dwayne Allen

Jets signing Coby Fleener.

Orlando Scandrick - CB to the Jets.

Mike Wallace to Cinci.

Darren Sproles and Mark Sanchez one more time in Philly.

Evan Smith - G to Arizona

The power back, Damien Williams to the Panthers to replace the aging and now released Jonathan Stewart.     

Worst Moves

Teams are paying on average 80% higher than the players asking price.

Some of my favorite FA signings considering, need, price and fit

The Browns getting Carlos Hyde for less money than Crowell went for. Good fit.Great deal. @cortes02

The Giants getting Malcom Butler for a bit over 6 million allowed them to move DRC and strengthen their defensive backfield for less money. @ny92jefferis

THe 49ers got a really good deal with Donte Moncrief and he fills a pretty tremendous need. Love that contract compared to what guys like Marques Lee and Jarvis Landry got. Shrewd pickup @Forge

Archived