Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This breaks my heart. Man this guy has been through so much the last two years. Truly a great dude that some how still keeps positive despite all these tragedies. 

Jesus. 

He really is a great dude, and it just sucks that he has had to endure what he has the last two years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This breaks my heart. Man this guy has been through so much the last two years. Truly a great dude that some how still keeps positive despite all these tragedies. 

Super sad and prayers up for him and his family. I will say it's so sad during the season people where @ him about him being gone with mean tweets. People really need to take aside football and a person's personal life because none of know what's going on in the players life outside of football. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Having 5 boys of my own, I get the desire to have your own children...but after losing 3, it might be a good idea to look at adoption. Not trying to judge, just suggest. 

Sigh. There isn't much worse than losing a child, I am sure.

Some women will always have precarious pregnancies. I don't know if that's the case here, but when it gets to that point, just accept that it's the hand life dealt you. As you said, adoption is a great alternative. You get a healthy kid without risking your own health, and you instantly give that child a better life. 

I can't begin to understand how it feels. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not sure If you find follow him but he seems to be right more often than not so FWIW his take on brown and SF. The initially tweet was someone asked him who he thought was a good fit for brown and he said us.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

tenor.gif

The question I have is if we trade for him, do we give him a new deal? If we are forced to give him a new deal (and we should be in contact with him before we complete any trade), then his contract isn't as friendly and it may lower the required compensation for him. Obviously if we don't give him a new deal, it's just a great contract. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The question I have is if we trade for him, do we give him a new deal? If we are forced to give him a new deal (and we should be in contact with him before we complete any trade), then his contract isn't as friendly and it may lower the required compensation for him. Obviously if we don't give him a new deal, it's just a great contract. 

Yes, get that taken care of right now. He is going to want one eventually. 

So we are thinking this gets wrapped up soon? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, get that taken care of right now. He is going to want one eventually. 

So we are thinking this gets wrapped up soon? 

I think so, regardless of whether it's us or another team. Obviously couldn't be completed until the new year, but the Steelers aren't going to want to pay him that roster bonus if he's not a part of the team plans moving forward. I think the deal for Brown will be done by the time the new league year starts in march. 

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Doesn't his deal have another 3 years on it at a relatively low annual? Why wouldn't we just let him play it out? I don't believe this disagreement with the Steelers was anything contract related no?

Because what happens if he holds out? Would you put that past him based on what he has shown? Teams have to be wary that he's going to demand more money. He's underpaid on a salary basis with no guarantees left. Plus, if it will lower the required compensation to acquire him, I'd actually prefer that lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because what happens if he holds out? Would you put that past him based on what he has shown? Teams have to be wary that he's going to demand more money. He's underpaid on a salary basis with no guarantees left. Plus, if it will lower the required compensation to acquire him, I'd actually prefer that lol

Hadn't realized that theres no more guaranteed money left on the contract after this year. Appease the man I guess, pay him while we have it over the next couple years while the team is still young and  on rookie contracts and then reassess in a couple years when Buckner and...... well that's all we really have to worry about resigning right now haha..... needs his new contract. 

9 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Hadn't realized that theres no more guaranteed money left on the contract after this year. Appease the man I guess, pay him while we have it over the next couple years while the team is still young and  on rookie contracts and then reassess in a couple years when Buckner and...... well that's all we really have to worry about resigning right now haha..... needs his new contract. 

I'd be surprised if Buck doesn't get his contract this off season. I know there has already been a lot of talk