Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I always thought he was signed just in case they didn't get Bosa. Not saying he would ever replace the caliber of player Bosa is, but I thought he was just another camp body to add to the position who has some experience. Honestly I'm more shocked they waived the UDFA Glenn to sign a blocking TE who will probably be cut. I thought Glenn had potential to make the 53. 

Really? The UDFA we signed a week after the draft always seemed like player #90 to me, especially given that he played a position the team made zero efforts to address throughout the offseason because they liked the current group. At least Moore played a position where the depth is shaky. Figured he would at least get a preseason to show if his AAF game was a fluke.

Neither is a loss.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Really? The UDFA we signed a week after the draft always seemed like player #90 to me, especially given that he played a position the team made zero efforts to address throughout the offseason because they liked the current group. At least Moore played a position where the depth is shaky. Figured he would at least get a preseason to show if his AAF game was a fluke.

Neither is a loss.

I just thought Glenn was underatted and could make a mark on STs. I mean we have a history of finding contributors through the UDFA route and I thought Glenn could have been the latest. Even more so, because we did absolutely ignore the position in draft. But like you said, it was probably invietable that neither would have had much of a impact at all.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

If we hadn't signed Coleman, I would think it would be plausible. But honestly we've sortta got the zone-blocking version of Bell, in Coleman. I've always said Bell's running style is not a great fit for zone blocking. Im sure he could adapt to the scheme if he choose to, just not sure he would.  

Coleman at his current price is a far better bang-for-your-buck than trading away assets for Bell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

If we hadn't signed Coleman, I would think it would be plausible. But honestly we've sortta got the zone-blocking version of Bell, in Coleman. I've always said Bell's running style is not a great fit for zone blocking. Im sure he could adapt to the scheme if he choose to, just not sure he would.  

Coleman at his current price is a far better bang-for-your-buck than trading away assets for Bell. 

More than anything, trading for him now just really ruins the credibility of both FO's now. That's probably the single biggest reason this should not (and won't) happen. As lovely as Bell is, no RB is worth more than 5 or 6 million a year unless they're like HOF worthy. 

• Like 1

Our RBs are just fine. We made our play for Bell and he went elsewhere. It is what it is. If we would have had signed Bell, then McKinnon almost surely would have been gone and Coleman would have signed elsewhere. 

Would have loved Bell, especially in the passing game but our RB core is still legit. Least of our concerns. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Looking at his contract, there is just no way the Jets trade him this year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/leveon-bell-12329/

I would be excited though if we traded for him. It would be at a major discount because the Jets already paid him a signing bonus. 

They would actually save 1 million against the cap this year if they traded him before June 1st according to otc. I don't think his roster bonuses have kicked in yet. 

On 5/18/2019 at 4:10 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our RBs are just fine. We made our play for Bell and he went elsewhere. It is what it is. If we would have had signed Bell, then McKinnon almost surely would have been gone and Coleman would have signed elsewhere. 

Would have loved Bell, especially in the passing game but our RB core is still legit. Least of our concerns. 

yeah it would be nice but we will be fine with the guys we have. However if the price is right, I don't mind.