Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

27 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

But we have Jimmy to keep him under control! And Kittle's a star! 

And we have Coach Sherman too!

As weird as it may sound I think that last part holds some truth. Sure Sherman got sent packing during a game for swinging on the opposing teams sidelines but I think that man already carries a lot of respect from the other players on our team and might actually be the one to "talk" with AB when it becomes needed.

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

As weird as it may sound I think that last part holds some truth. Sure Sherman got sent packing during a game for swinging on the opposing teams sidelines but I think that man already carries a lot of respect from the other players on our team and might actually be the one to "talk" with AB when it becomes needed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sherm would at least try to keep Brown's ego in check. Would he succeed... that's another question. He did try to take Foster under his wing, and as much as he tried, Foster didn't want to change. As much as Sherman could try to "tame" Brown, if Brown decides to be a diva, he will be a diva. 

My only hope is that Brown is actually a good guy who has a major beef with the organization and had to force his way off the team. People are divided about Big Ben and Mike Tomlin. They're not universally loved. There are probably things that we don't know about, on top of the things that we know about, and I can understand Brown wanting out if those things are true. Brown hasn't acted well, but he may have done it for good reasons. We just don't know, and probably won't for a few more years, until there's a tell-all book explaining what has happened behind closed doors. But I want Lynch to be aware of the circumstances before he makes a decision. We might get a great player at a bargain price, and if our last potentially great player acquired at a bargain price pays out (Jimmy), this might set us up for years of success. IF they do their homework and it's not too good to be true, then go for it. One more weapon!

• Like 2

So what does 49ers’ management want?

There’s a belief in league circles that the 49ers have real interest in Brown. With Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. apparently not available this year (he was kind of possibly maybe available in March 2018), the 49ers will be inclined to explore whether they can get Brown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/15/will-49ers-make-a-play-for-antonio-brown/

giphy.gif

Make it happen Shanny/Lynch!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Good stuff, glad Shanny changed his policy allowed him to interview. Bad look not letting the QBs coach take a position as a OC elsewhere. 

He's still not letting McDaniel or LaFleur go though lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good stuff, glad Shanny changed his policy allowed him to interview. Bad look not letting the QBs coach take a position as a OC elsewhere. 

He's still not letting McDaniel or LaFleur go though lol. 

Think the main difference is that Scangarello doesn't go to work under an offensive head coach where the other would be hired in a similar capacity as they are serving now. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Think the main difference is that Scangarello doesn't go to work under an offensive head coach where the other would be hired in a similar capacity as they are serving now. 

This has to do with the loophole I was talking about. Technically those two are coordinators of some sort so it's not really seen as an upgrade in position as is QB coach to OC. 

Eventually if Shanny wants to keep them then he will have to hand over the play calling regions to one of them. If not, good chance they leave when their deals expire. If we make the playoffs next year and the offense lights it up? Good chance they are gone either way… And I'm talking as potential head coaches. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

This has to do with the loophole I was talking about. Technically those two are coordinators of some sort so it's not really seen as an upgrade in position as is QB coach to OC. 

Eventually if Shanny wants to keep them then he will have to hand over the play calling regions to one of them. If not, good chance they leave when their deals expire. If we make the playoffs next year and the offense lights it up? Good chance they are gone either way… And I'm talking as potential head coaches. 

Its hard as a outsider to see and pinpoint what they actually do and what role they play. With Scangarello getting hired under a defensive coach means he will have a lot of say and power over the offense which he will never have when working under Shanahan. For McDaniel and LaFleur i believe they where only mentioned with other offensive HC's so they might not see that as a promotion over what they have now. I think having coaches get better opportunities elsewhere is a good thing and shows how respected Shanahan is as a offensive mind.