Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I'm in north Dakota we were talking yesterday about how it was a 100 degrees difference from outside the walls to inside. And that was without the windchill.

I was born and raised in South Dakota but I moved to Denver five and a half years ago. I am very glad I’m not back at home right now. I read that the temperature in Sioux Falls was lower than it was in Antarctica the other day (granted that was something off of Facebook, but nonetheless cold). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I was born and raised in South Dakota but I moved to Denver five and a half years ago. I am very glad I’m not back at home right now. I read that the temperature in Sioux Falls was lower than it was in Antarctica the other day (granted that was something off of Facebook, but nonetheless cold). 

I moved to the south while in the military for quite a few years and then moved back about 5 years ago to be closer to family. Never been west of bismark I have future travel plans that way though. I've known several people that have moved to the Denver area and everyone loves it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

I moved to the south while in the military for quite a few years and then moved back about 5 years ago to be closer to family. Never been west of bismark I have future travel plans that way though. I've known several people that have moved to the Denver area and everyone loves it.

I've been several times to visit...nice place to visit, wouldn't live there. But that's me.

Not that it matters much, but Chad Johnson was on First Take yesterday and they asked where do you want Antonio Brown to end up at? And he said the 49ers. Basically, Brown is damn near telling anyone who will be on TV to push him to the Niners....To me, this may make it less likely as Pitt won't want to do that. Or am I looking too much into this? 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not that it matters much, but Chad Johnson was on First Take yesterday and they asked where do you want Antonio Brown to end up at? And he said the 49ers. Basically, Brown is damn near telling anyone who will be on TV to push him to the Niners....To me, this may make it less likely as Pitt won't want to do that. Or am I looking too much into this? 

or can it end up that if/when they trade they have to meet his demand? what if he pulls a talib if traded somewhere else and says nope not coming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The only time I think that's an issue is if another NFC team makes a very similar offer for Brown. Like, if Detroit offers something that is very close to what we do, but maybe just a hair worse (say based on draft position), they may take that just to get at him. Otherwise, I don't think that they are going to purposely take a large hair cut on the compensation just to keep him from going where he's saying that he wants to go. That's basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. We still have some positives for them - we are out of division and out of conference, namely, so if we put forward something that is clearly the best offer, I don't think that they have any issues trading him here, even though he's pushed for it. 

41 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Then that team could just call his bluff, and Brown can lose money if he sits out. Right? 

No team is going to trade for him though if they do not get assurances that he will show up. 

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I've been several times to visit...nice place to visit, wouldn't live there. But that's me.

Technically I live in Centennial which is a suburb so I don’t have to deal with all the madness downtown, but I know a number of people that live down there and love it. I’m all about the weather here, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Then he will sit out, and lose money with Pittsburgh? Or retire? I don't see what Brown's endgame would be.

Or, show up and make life miserable for that team. 

The threat of that alone should be enough to scare off other teams from making the trade. 

You wouldn't trade for a player who tells you he would be unhappy beforehand (who is also on a three year deal) 

IF the trade gets made, yes browns options would be limited. What I am talking to would be BEFORE he gets traded. Potential trade partners would want to speak to him to make sure he signs off on it  

Brown could not care less what the Steelers get for him, hurting his trade market trying to get to where he wants to go seems feasible imo 

52 minutes ago, N4L said:

Or, show up and make life miserable for that team. 

The threat of that alone should be enough to scare off other teams from making the trade. 

You wouldn't trade for a player who tells you he would be unhappy beforehand (who is also on a three year deal) 

IF the trade gets made, yes browns options would be limited. What I am talking to would be BEFORE he gets traded. Potential trade partners would want to speak to him to make sure he signs off on it  

Brown could not care less what the Steelers get for him, hurting his trade market trying to get to where he wants to go seems feasible imo 

I don't see The Rooney family and Colbert letting a disgruntled player hold them hostage. That's the worst outcome for them I think. And this isn't their first rodeo. If they can't find a trade partner due to Brown potentially not showing up, or the asking price is too much, then I think they just keep him, and let him lose money if he also doesn't want to come back to the Steelers. 

Edited by PapaShogun

10 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't see The Rooney family and Colbert letting a disgruntled player hold them hostage. And this isn't their first rodeo. If they can't find a trade partner due to Brown potentially not showing up, then I think they just keep him, and let him lose money if he also doesn't want to come back to the Steelers. 

He could then show up, cause a scene, make life uncomfortable for everyone, divide the locker room etc. He wouldn't get fined and would lose no money. He would show up

Once that happens, the Steelers will have to make a move. Worse yet, everyone will know they have to trade him and this will be after the draft so they won't get anything to help them win this year (clock is ticking on Ben's career) 

Everything is up to brown at this point imo. He can stay in Pittsburgh if they don't trade him and he is ok with that. If he's not ok with that, he does have ways to force his way out. 

It would be messy and he would burn a lot of bridges, but he does have options

Another part of this no one is talking about, it would make our corners so much better to actually go up against a quality NFL WR all off-season. I don't think the guys we had there last off-season did our secondary any favors as far as getting them ready to face other teams WRs

Edited by N4L

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

He could then show up, cause a scene, make life uncomfortable for everyone, divide the locker room etc. He wouldn't get fined and would lose no money. He would show up

Once that happens, the Steelers will have to make a move. Worse yet, everyone will know they have to trade him and this will be after the draft so they won't get anything to help them win this year (clock is ticking on Ben's career) 

Everything is up to brown at this point imo. He can stay in Pittsburgh if they don't trade him and he is ok with that. If he's not ok with that, he does have ways to force his way out. 

It would be messy and he would burn a lot of bridges, but he does have options

Another part of this no one is talking about, it would make our corners so much better to actually go up against a quality NFL WR all off-season. I don't think the guys we had there last off-season did our secondary any favors as far as getting them ready to face other teams WRs

If he showed up, and just started acting like a malcontent, I'd see the rest of the team mostly getting tired of his antics. Everyone is there trying to win games, and putting their best foot forward. I think it would be worse than not showing up at all. He'd also be running the risk of some other teams losing interest. Brown, like anyone else, has methods to "try" and force his way out. Doesn't mean it will work in his favor. At the end of the day, he doesn't control his fate. If he intends to make life miserable for the Steelers organization, they'll bite back. If they don't, they set a bad precedent for anyone that wants out.