Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

He filed a grievance against the NFL owners because he couldn't even an opportunity for a vet minimum job. Don't see him pulling out the collusion card unless he can't get his foot in the door to try out for the vet minimum. Owners simply don't want to take on the baggage. 

But you can't tell me Josh Johnson or Tim Tebow deserves a shot, but Colin K doesn't. 

Kap is better than Tebow (is somebody really interested in  him?) or Johnson.  He's better than some other guys on teams too. But comes with baggage they don't have.  The question is, is he good enough to outweigh the baggage?  Every GM in the league has so far decided the answer to that question is "no".

• Like 2

Kaepernick can be better than a lot of starters out there right now.  Definitely better than some backups. Better enough to deal with fans booing, not showing up to games, the media circus, possible locker room problems?  Eh....  That, I don't know about.   If I knew, for sure, he'd look like his 2012-2013 self?  I'd roll the dice in a heartbeat if I currently had any of the current bottom 5-8 quarterbacks in the league.  But, I don't know that, for sure.  

As for him not getting any offers, I can only assume that the word on the street is he wants big starter money.  The guy's been to a Superbowl.  Dang near won it.  That's not hard to imagine at all.  You don't get offers if no one is willing to pay that to a guy who....maybe, might, possibly be a little better than what you already have.  Guys like Johnson get offers because they'll take whatever they can get.  

Reid will most likely get offers because he wasn't the face of the protests and won't be the face of the team.  But, I hope we resign him and make this all a moot point. 

• Like 1

Yeah, safeties don't usually have to do press conference after and before every game and face the questions of the media all the time, so it's easier to have a guy like Reid on the team and not have it be too much of a distraction, as opposed to a QB.

As for Kap, I'm sure his agent got phone calls along the line of "Would he be willing to be a back-up?" and "How much is he looking for?", and that alone could be the difference between getting a try-out and not getting one. The question is always "Is he worth it?". The answer is simply: no.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 5:05 AM, PapaShogun said:

I remember hearing about it when he was first arrested. Disgusting if true. I believe he said something about it being consensual when speaking about it publicly. Going back and reading some articles now, there seems to be something fishy with this incident. To me it sounds like it could be another one of those false reports that seem to be coming up more and more recently; but if not he deserves to do time. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I mean he did his HW on QBs, told them Jimmy G or Derek Carr but they not only picked Manizel but forced him in as a starter.

Well come on, you can't blame management for trusting the judgment of a homeless guy over their own OC. I think that's how most organizations operate. 

• Like 2