Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Congrats, TO. It was a rocky relationship to be sure, but nobody can ever doubt how good you were here. 

I mean...if it's anything other than his pose on the Cowboys star, than frankly I am disappointed. Absolutely nothing sums up T.O. more than that one moment. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I mean...if it's anything other than his pose on the Cowboys star, than frankly I am disappointed. Absolutely nothing sums up T.O. more than that one moment. 

It's that or him signing the football, right? It has to be one or the other. I honestly think that both are pretty iconic (the sharpie being one of the greatest mic drop celebrations in the history of touchdown celebrations in my opinion, especially when considering the things that not everyone knows, such as the individual he gave the football to was sitting in Shawn Spring's suite as his guest, who was the corner he burned for the touchdown) 

Oh...it'll probably be the catch 2 LOL. I completely forgot about that. 

13 hours ago, N4L said:

Catch 2 would make an awkward statue though 

Cowboys logo pose is glorious af 

They should even include the star. Place the statue in the middle of a star. Make it look like one of those Hollywood Walk of Fame stars, maybe. But we'll all know it's T.O. dissing the cowboys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

another brilliant draft choice by Baalke considering Andy Lee is still around the league punting like a monster (1st in gross average last year, 5th in net yards per attempt and only trailing the league leader by about half a yard)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

another brilliant draft choice by Baalke considering Andy Lee is still around the league punting like a monster (1st in gross average last year, 5th in net yards per attempt and only trailing the league leader by about half a yard)

Leave it to Baalke to screw up punting. 

I will be glad to see pinion go. Too inconsistent. The leg talent was there, but too many shanks for me. He was better the last two seasons and Im sure he will get picked up quickly by someone. Hes still young. 

Punting is something you can only truly appreciate/judge in person. The TV angles make it tough to actually get a read on. You can tell when the ball flies true. 

When he was drafted I always hoped he would be both the punter and the kicker. I'd still love to find that guy, considering active roster spots are so important in this league. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really?! I was not aware he was doing so well....  

Perhaps we should really call the whole Nolan-Kelly (well, McCloughan had some time during Nolan) time period the Baalke-n Era. We were really broken during much of that time. Kind of like the Balkans if you know your history/geography. 

Yuck.

Just now, N4L said:

I will be glad to see pinion go. Too inconsistent. The leg talent was there, but too many shanks for me. He was better the last two seasons and Im sure he will get picked up quickly by someone. Hes still young. 

Punting is something you can only truly appreciate/judge in person. The TV angles make it tough to actually get a read on. You can tell when the ball flies true. 

When he was drafted I always hoped he would be both the punter and the kicker. I'd still love to find that guy, considering active roster spots are so important in this league. 

The thing that does suck is that Pinion is really thought of as a world class person. He's such a good dude. I know that is secondary to what goes out there on the field, but it always sucks to lose a guy who is so involved in community, charity, and is just generally thought of as a great guy. 

• Like 2

Just now, N4L said:

Do I have a prospect for you!? How about Austin Seibert, punter and placekicker for Oklahoma the last 4 (IIRC) years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Do I have a prospect for you!? How about Austin Seibert, punter and placekicker for Oklahoma the last 4 (IIRC) years. 

Is he any good? I don't really remember him even though I've watched a few OU games during that time

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Is he any good? I don't really remember him even though I've watched a few OU games during that time

Never missed a game in his 4 years from 2015-2018. Averaged 42 yards per punt and 80% FG rate. Longest FG is 58 yards. 1st among FBS kickers in career points. Only 1 blocked punt in his career (54 games!).

5'9" 214lbs