Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

40 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

2nd round pick?

Didn’t see this but posted about it in the FA thread. I’m a little hesitant towards Dee Ford with only one year of production and looking for a big contract. Opposing offenses were always throwing to try and keep up with the Chiefs offense I would assume so maybe that’s what helped lead to his much better numbers last year but either way we’d have to pay big money to him with only one year to go off of. And if I’m not mistaken he’ll be 28 before the season. Unless it’s a 3rd rounder for him I’d rather have Houston for a couple of low end picks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think,if they sent back a fourth or 3rd with Ford, I’d be down pairing him with Bosa...oh man. Add in trading a sixth for Griffen...killer end rotation. 

And Solly would finally stay at the position he was meant to play. 

Agreed. Let's see if they are able to follow up on their plans. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think,if they sent back a fourth or 3rd with Ford, I’d be down pairing him with Bosa...oh man. Add in trading a sixth for Griffen...killer end rotation. 

Oh come on, you want Ford, Bosa AND Griffen??? Ford and Griffen will count for like ~26M on our cap and then we still need to sign ET lol.

But Shanny's interview with Simms pretty much told us all this. He said the first two years we had to be smart with our moves but now in year three it is time to make some splash moves and get the elite players. 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh come on, you want Ford, Bosa AND Griffen??? Ford and Griffen will count for like ~26M on our cap and then we still need to sign ET lol.

But Shanny's interview with Simms pretty much told us all this. He said the first two years we had to be smart with our moves but now in year three it is time to make some splash moves and get the elite players. 

Well, when I made this comment, i thought Griffen was expiring soon. Now that I see that his deal goes until 2022, hell no. But I don't see a problem with having a strong 3 man rotation. Every good team needs a 3 man rotation and depth. 

And as you said, they need to make a splash. I really don't want to see 40 million free in cap after this off-season. They need to go really, really hard. 

11 minutes ago, John232 said:

Well, when I made this comment, i thought Griffen was expiring soon. Now that I see that his deal goes until 2022, hell no. But I don't see a problem with having a strong 3 man rotation. Every good team needs a 3 man rotation and depth. 

And as you said, they need to make a splash. I really don't want to see 40 million free in cap after this off-season. They need to go really, really hard. 

No, Griffen's deal goes for three more years but he has essentially no more guaranteed portion left. VERY little to none dead money on our books if we choose to get rid of him after a year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, Griffen's deal goes for three more years but he has essentially no more guaranteed portion left. VERY little to none dead money on our books if we choose to get rid of him after a year. 

I will say, that I think Griffen is solid, but not a spectacular get. I'd much prefer waiting to make that trade until draft day, just to see how all the personnel acquisitions playout. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Give me Bosa, Ford and Landon Collins this off-season and I'll be a happy camper. 

Just now, sherm said:

Give me Bosa, Ford and Landon Collins this off-season and I'll be a happy camper. 

as much as I'd like Collins, he really isn't a huge improvement over Tartt. The only guy i'd be happy scrapping Tartt for is Amos and that's only if we get ET and the rest of our market dries up. We could probably get a 4th or even high 3rd for Tartt. 

12 minutes ago, John232 said:

I will say, that I think Griffen is solid, but not a spectacular get. I'd much prefer waiting to make that trade until draft day, just to see how all the personnel acquisitions playout. 

I dont think 'solid but unspectacular' is an accurate way to describe this BEAST 

The dude was a baller and would be a great fit here. It would be a great get for a late pick considering he has no guarantees left as @J-ALL-DAY said 

Just now, N4L said:

I dont think 'solid but unspectacular' is an accurate way to describe this BEAST 

The dude was a baller and would be a great fit here. It would be a great get for a late pick considering he has no guarantees left as @J-ALL-DAY said 

That's what Minnesota fans were describing of him last season. I know the dude has been a beast for a while, but we're not trading for what he used to be, we're trading for what he's going to be.