Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, we still hold his rights. But what team is going to pick up someone who retired twice? 

I could certainly see a team like Houston signing him to like a vet min non guaranteed deal just to see what he has left, but nobody is making a trade for him, that much is for sure. 

But yeah, there's very likelihood that this goes the way he thinks. No way is he in football shape, 3 years away from the league, etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I could certainly see a team like Houston signing him to like a vet min non guaranteed deal just to see what he has left, but nobody is making a trade for him, that much is for sure. 

But yeah, there's very likelihood that this goes the way he thinks. No way is he in football shape, 3 years away from the league, etc etc. 

Tell him he'll have to compete for a job and he'll take his bag and go home again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Watched this looks like the bills had called niners try to trade up to 36 with us offered 40 and there 4th. 

damn...we could have drafted a kicker with that extra 4th

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Watched this looks like the bills had called niners try to trade up to 36 with us offered 40 and there 4th. 

Still could have landed AJ Brown as well. Shame. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny was that scared of Samuel getting picked between 36-39?

I kinda get it. We all could have traded down in Are You Smarter, and my guy (Brown) would have been there had I accepted it. But I didn't want to lose him. And there's no consequences for me if I miss out on my guy like there is for Shanny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I kinda get it. We all could have traded down in Are You Smarter, and my guy (Brown) would have been there had I accepted it. But I didn't want to lose him. And there's no consequences for me if I miss out on my guy like there is for Shanny. 

For better or worse, this is another example of Shanahan making sure he gets his offensive guy. He doesn't risk it AT ALL when it comes to the offensive end of the field. 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Sorry for opening this can of worms, but...

He's only two and a half years older than our 4th round pick. 

aaahaahahahahaaa!!!!!   

not even worried over the punter's age (nor u I suspect), just lol all the same

Guess AD burned thru his money and doesn't know what else to do. Maybe catches a decent job playing inside at OG, I dunno. Weird.  :/ 

• Like 2