Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

49 minutes ago, John232 said:

Jimmy Ward broke his collar bone

I like that you didn't notice the thread for this (no sarcasm) and thought, "this news belongs in the Minor Niner News thread." Because it is so expected that it is, as I believe @JIllg put it, "Well...water is wet."

Really, it's major news that he wasn't injured on the first day of OTAs. I think that deserved its own, "Jimmie Ward Doesn't Get Injured on First Day of OTAs" thread. Missed that boat, though. 

(This is just meant to be sarcastic toward the injury - there is no problem with the injury getting its own thread)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I like that you didn't notice the thread for this (no sarcasm) and thought, "this news belongs in the Minor Niner News thread." Because it is so expected that it is, as I believe @JIllg put it, "Well...water is wet."

Really, it's major news that he wasn't injured on the first day of OTAs. I think that deserved its own, "Jimmie Ward Doesn't Get Injured on First Day of OTAs" thread. Missed that boat, though. 

(This is just meant to be sarcastic toward the injury - there is no problem with the injury getting its own thread)

On week 1, you should start a thread after he plays one full series. If you even get the opportunity to, that is...

• Like 2

So its safe to say that we will definitely NOT be looking to add another FS with Ward out. I guess adding another body@CB is a more pressing need. For the life of me, I can't begin to rationalize the line of thinking from this FO at times...

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

So its safe to say that we will definitely NOT be looking to add another FS with Ward out. I guess adding another body@CB is a more pressing need. For the life of me, I can't begin to rationalize the line of thinking from this FO at times...

Don't get it either. Although, Johnson was a safety in college. It would be in-character to play any DB at any spot in the secondary. 

18 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Per the NFL’s transaction wire, the #49ers waived DE Pita Taumoepenu and signed CB Dontae Johnson.

Sigh...I guess it was bound to happen sometime. He wasn't getting much playing time, so his days on the team were numbered. I liked Pita most of our Day 3 draftees in Shanalynch's first draft. Of course the best was Kittle, no doubt about it.