Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, John232 said:

For what it’s worth...still don’t like Kwon over a FS but our LB depth was probably the only position with worse depth than FS. 

I don't know that they would have been over with regards to cap space in 2020. A lot depends on how the structure on someone like ET is set up. Kwon accounts for 13.1M next year. I advocated as much as 4/60 for ET, and if they could have leveled the cap hits, that means the difference would have been only about 2 million, so we'd have 5 million next year plus whatever roll over from this year. 

Plus, it doesn't account for some pretty easy cuts next year. Jet should be gone (or Coleman if he doesn't work out). There's some wiggle room there. We just weren't going to be players in free agency next year regardless.  Plus, we now still need a FS next season. So it was just a trade off. They prioritized LB rather than S. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, Forge said:

I don't know that they would have been over with regards to cap space in 2020. A lot depends on how the structure on someone like ET is set up. Kwon accounts for 13.1M next year. I advocated as much as 4/60 for ET, and if they could have leveled the cap hits, that means the difference would have been only about 2 million, so we'd have 5 million next year plus whatever roll over from this year. 

Plus, it doesn't account for some pretty easy cuts next year. Jet should be gone (or Coleman if he doesn't work out). There's some wiggle room there. We just weren't going to be players in free agency next year regardless.  Plus, we now still need a FS next season. So it was just a trade off. They prioritized LB rather than S. 

I am really worried about the mental acuity of a front office that depends on the soundness of Jimmie Ward's bones.

• Like 1

I heard Ian Williams on the radio recently say that we will be staying on the east coast in between weeks 1 and 2 this season. He referenced the harbaugh years in Youngstown. 

Best news I've heard all week. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...