Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

wouldn't be a game without holding on 66

He's too small, not strong enough to handle the inside. Honestly, he's really not even a PS candidate to me right now. Not after an entire year last year. I get that we will probably keep him because honestly there's simply nothing else there, but yeah. 

Not really here or there, but the one thing that I will say that I like about Wilson is that I think he catches the ball fairly well. I say that because if he did happen to ever be on the roster and you brought him in as the goal line back, you're not really giving anything away because you could just as easily still run him out in a pattern on a pass play. 

Also, probably not a big enough deal to ever make it worth anyone's time, but in games like this (preseason), kicks like that (22 yards), I wouldn't mind giving the punter reps on the field goal just in case you ever run into a problem where your kicker gets hurt. Get them at least somewhat used to kicking field goals in a game situation. I mean, it's not like Gould needs reps on the 22 yarders lol. Anyone remember the Seahawks last year and they couldn't do anything once Jano got hurt because Dickson couldn't kick field goals?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

Do we want 4-0 this preseason? Teams that went 4-0...

• Average regular-season wins: 7.3
  • Median regular-season wins: 8
  • Playoffs: 30.4%

Yea, I'm football deprived and a wee bit lit :)

Crazy Random factoid? Baltimore has won 17 straight preseason games. They haven't lost in the preseason since 2015....

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Crazy Random factoid? Baltimore has won 17 straight preseason games. They haven't lost in the preseason since 2015....

I was just curious so I Googled it. You on the other hand knew this (you freak!!!). And my wife tells me I'm obsessed with the NFL ha ha... :P

Edited by Psychlone

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, probably not a big enough deal to ever make it worth anyone's time, but in games like this (preseason), kicks like that (22 yards), I wouldn't mind giving the punter reps on the field goal just in case you ever run into a problem where your kicker gets hurt. Get them at least somewhat used to kicking field goals in a game situation. I mean, it's not like Gould needs reps on the 22 yarders lol. Anyone remember the Seahawks last year and they couldn't do anything once Jano got hurt because Dickson couldn't kick field goals?

Can't say I ever thought of it or heard it, but yeah, that's a good idea.