Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He's right, only thing I will say is that probably means they shift Spoon to the bench and that will be a shame with the way he is playing. Even though he is probably better than Sherman, no way they bench Sherman. 

But lawd a duo of Ramsey/Spoon going forward would be amazing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's right, only thing I will say is that probably means they shift Spoon to the bench and that will be a shame with the way he is playing. Even though he is probably better than Sherman, no way they bench Sherman. 

But lawd a duo of Ramsey/Spoon going forward would be amazing. 

I will say that I think a lot of these people think this because they are unaware of how good spoon is right now, or they don't trust it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I knew someone would claim Kaden Smith!  >:( Not happy at all, Kyle! Dwelley ain't special at all. HE CAN'T BLOCK. But he can break Staley's leg....

You have a sickness surrounding Stanford players. I both give you a sympathy hug AND e-smack the back of yo head. Kaden Smith was not a grand prospect, and is of minimal consequence. Sorry. :P 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say that I think a lot of these people think this because they are unaware of how good spoon is right now, or they don't trust it. 

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Sherman is still good and playing some good football, but Spoon is on another level right now. And no one is talking about him and even most fans think he sucks because of how he started the season last year. No one remembers he ended the year barely allowing 9 catches on 24 targets as all they talk about are all the penalties he had, which most, if not all were complete BS.

So the only reason I wouldn't want to trade for Ramsey is if it meant Spoon to the bench. 

I think Kawakami is in tune with what is going on. I didn't like his Williams trade article yesterday, but he keeps mentioning how Shanahan/Lynch are desperate and REALLY want to win now. And let's be real, we have been in trade talks with damn near every top level option the last few years. Were close to OBJ apparently and made calls for Everson Griffin as well as Antonio Brown. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the only reason I wouldn't want to trade for Ramsey is if it meant Spoon to the bench. 

Have to figure that we will be playing Nickel more than not.. say, 80% of the time. Sherman's a big boy, and well paid. He should be wanting to win a SB above all. Season's long and we can keep dudes fresh as we go while better insuring against injury.

Just now, oldman9er said:

Have to figure that we will be playing Nickel more than not.. say, 80% of the time. Sherman's a big boy, and well paid. He should be wanting to win a SB above all. Season's long and we can keep dudes fresh as we go while better insuring against injury.

Right, but neither of the three would be playing the slot. So even if we go nickel, one has to go out and it definitely won't be Ramsey. Unless we think Ramsey can play slot as well? I mean he has the quickness for it? I don't know, would be a bit of a tricky situation but a lot of talent on the outside which is exactly what you need. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, but neither of the three would be playing the slot. So even if we go nickel, one has to go out and it definitely won't be Ramsey. Unless we think Ramsey can play slot as well? I mean he has the quickness for it? I don't know, would be a bit of a tricky situation but a lot of talent on the outside which is exactly what you need. 

I don't know why Spoon and Ramsey would be a problem at NCB?  At some point, a CB is a CB, and can either cover his assignment or not. 

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

You have a sickness surrounding Stanford players. I both give you a sympathy hug AND e-smack the back of yo head. Kaden Smith was not a grand prospect, and is of minimal consequence. Sorry. :P 

I must admit, that is part of it. I do like Stanford and many of their players...still wish Blake Martinez was a 9er. He's balling quite well in Green Bay! Coby Fleener flamed out...really like Luck a lot and McCaffrey. Still clinging to the hope that Solomon can be what some of us think he could be... Loved Greg Clark back in the '97 draft. Too bad his hamstrings only let him play for 3 years.

It's the Bill Walsh connection. He did coach there twice, you know. As a 9er fan, Stanford will always have a special place in my fandom. Too bad their season stinks this year (I blame Northwestern and the dirty hit on Kostello!).

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

I must admit, that is part of it. I do like Stanford and many of their players...still wish Blake Martinez was a 9er. He's balling quite well in Green Bay! Coby Fleener flamed out...really like Luck a lot and McCaffrey. Still clinging to the hope that Solomon can be what some of us think he could be... Loved Greg Clark back in the '97 draft. Too bad his hamstrings only let him play for 3 years.

It's the Bill Walsh connection. He did coach there twice, you know. As a 9er fan, Stanford will always have a special place in my fandom. Too bad their season stinks this year (I blame Northwestern and the dirty hit on Kostello!).

Well, that's just silly. I'm sure glad I'd never be silly enough to attach self to so many from some NCAA team! Never could I. 

200w.webp?cid=790b76116dd5dd2bc356409a90

:P 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't know why Spoon and Ramsey would be a problem at NCB?  At some point, a CB is a CB, and can either cover his assignment or not. 

Unfortunately not every CB could do that. But Spoon/Ramsey have great movement skills so I think they could do it, especially Ramsey.

What I like about Ramsey is there is not ANY type of WR he can't match up with. Not saying he will always stop every WR as someone like Hopkins has won his fair share of battles against him. But Ramsey has no problem covering a big physical WR, a shifty WR, a great route running WR or a speedster. Can match up with any style. Rare breed, on the level of someone like Peterson.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

I would trade our first for Ramsey or Adams. I think Adams hits a bigger need but Ramsey is the best CB in the league. Also, there were rumors that Ramsey didn't want to play in a zone heavy scheme, but not sure how truet that would be, 

Also, I think if you grab Ramsey, you just rotate out all the corners a bit and move Ramsey inside on third downs. Covering the slot is as important as ever and having Ramsey playing man inside, not to mention his ability in the run game..that's the best nickel corner in the league if he wants to be.