Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

We're possibly trading for Emmanuel Sanders? This is....random.

Made sense two years ago, but now, not as much 

If it happens it means we might as well IR Taylor and Hurd 

Also would show how little they think of Pettis 

That interesting, because Allbright may just be interjecting his own feeling into that matter...but he's also plugged in to Denver, obviously. It could make a lot of sense on a few levels, that's for sure. We do have a really good relationship with the Denver front office as well, obviously. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Made sense two years ago, but now, not as much 

If it happens it means we might as well IR Taylor and Hurd 

Also would show how little they think of Pettis 

I don't know that it doesn't make sense now...as you said at the end, I think it would just show where they are at with Pettis at the current point in time (maybe not long term opinion, but it would be clear that everyone thinks that we need help there right now).

Hurd will be back this week, but I don't think that anyone expects him to come in and play a ton of snaps - I'm assuming that he has some specifically designed packages and plays. I think Taylor is already on the IR. 

I really like Sanders and our WRs haven't exactly impressed thus far, but I don't see this happening. We are probably linked to him since we were in the AB and OBJ sweepstakes and even got linked to Sanders at one point in the offseason.

12 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Can Emmanuel Sanders sill play at a high level? 

He's been playing extremely well all year. He was shut down against Green Bay (no real shame there with a corner like Alexander), but he's played well outside of that, and 2 of those other three games were against Chicago's defense and Jacksonville's. 

• Like 1

We have added Teez Tabor to the practice squad. I have a Gator bias, but I think it's a very good addition to the PS. Tabor is still really young, so I am still hopeful that he can reach his potential. Either way- there's no real commitment at this point so it's definitely worth the look.

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

We have added Teez Tabor to the practice squad. I have a Gator bias, but I think it's a very good addition to the PS. Tabor is still really young, so I am still hopeful that he can reach his potential. Either way- there's no real commitment at this point so it's definitely worth the look.

I had already signed him in my Madden franchise. I am a prophet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I just realized the Rams play this Thursday. Obviously we play on Monday. So then we have a short week and have to travel, while they have an extra long week. 

That's some bull right there 

It does suck. But, the Niners get a double bye going into the Browns game to rest up, which is sorely needed. And we get another "sort of" bye between week 9 and 10. The Niners play the Cardinals on Thursday Night in week 9, then host the Seahawks on Monday Night the following week giving the team 10 days off between the 2 games. 

The 49ers are kind of getting 3 bye weeks this year.

15 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It does suck. But, the Niners get a double bye going into the Browns game to rest up, which is sorely needed. And we get another "sort of" bye between week 9 and 10. The Niners play the Cardinals on Thursday Night in week 9, then host the Seahawks on Monday Night the following week giving the team 10 days off between the 2 games. 

The 49ers are kind of getting 3 bye weeks this year.

A Monday night game doesn't really qualify as an extra bye week, but the second part is true- we are basically getting a second bye later in the year.

25 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

A Monday night game doesn't really qualify as an extra bye week, but the second part is true- we are basically getting a second bye later in the year.

But for guys like Bosa and Ford who need rest, I’m sure this was treated as a double bye for them. Or at the very least, a bye week and a light practice week.