Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Kind of a fun little article if you have an athletic sub. 

https://theathletic.com/1278074/2019/10/09/the-mcginn-files-everybody-will-be-scared-of-the-injuries-what-they-said-about-frank-gore-before-the-2005-draft/

Bob McGinn is basically looking back at various players over the last 30+ years about what was said when they were drafted, their evals, etc. This one is on Frank Gore. 

On 9/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, Gore Whore 21 said:

Of all the QBs mentioned that we brought in, my hope is we sign Kyle Allen to the PS. Good size, arm, and athleticism. None of these other guys have any upside, but I liked Allen as a late round developmental guy during the draft.

I still wish we would have done this. 

• Like 2

According to FiveThirtyEight, this is where the Niners stand after beating the Rams:

Projected Record: 12-4 (1st in NFC, 2nd in NFL)

Projected Point Differential: +132 (1st in NFC, 2nd in NFL)

Chance of Making the Playoffs: 83% (2nd in NFC, 3rd in NFL)

Chance of Winning the Division: 59% (1st in NFC West, 6th in NFL)

Chance of a 1st-Round Bye: 47% (2nd in NFC, 3rd in NFL)

Chance of Winning the Super Bowl: 9% (2nd in NFC, 3rd in NFL)

Edited by NinerNation21

48 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Allbright has been on the Manny -> SF train for a while now. Either he has real intel that we want him, or he just puts that in a scenario that makes a lot of sense. I could see it either way. 

But yeah, the Broncos aren't in a position where they need to make the decision right now. That division is weirdly kind of up for grabs with Kc's struggles. Seems unlikely, but a win this week goes a long way, so the earliest they would start entertaining thoughts of selling parts wouldn't be until after this game with KC, I would imagine. They are 2-4, so they are still a little back, but they also should at the very least be 3-3, as they got absolutely hosed in that one game. I think if they lose this week in KC, putting them a full 3 games back while behind in the tie breaker, they will start selling off prior to the deadline.