Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

14 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Juice is out this week and Hikutini lined up at FB in some sets this preseason. He’ll probably get a few opportunities this week. Elijah Lee too

My guess would be Paulsen/Celek at FB, Kittle/Hikutini at TE. I don't know if they'll give him a week before getting him reps, but I am kinda excited to see if we held him back in the preseason in the hopes of stashing him on the PS. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Douzable is back!!!! 

He actually wasn't awful during the preseason. He had some nice showings. 

I actually thought he did very well in the preseason and was a bit shocked by him not making the team. What I want to know - who did we get rid of?

I liked Douzable more than Cooper. Is Cooper actually playing well? I see him on the field a lot, but I can't remember actually making a play. I've seen him get in the way of someone trying to make a play, though. 

49 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I liked Douzable more than Cooper. Is Cooper actually playing well? I see him on the field a lot, but I can't remember actually making a play. I've seen him get in the way of someone trying to make a play, though. 

I've seen the opposite. He's made some good plays and with frequency at that.

Douzable was one of the more fun names throughout the preseason. Glad to see we're giving him another shot. 

Paulson really was a useless signing, we should have had stronger depth at TE. Glad we get to see a couple rookies in get work this season but to be a good team in the future we need to sign veterans that actually contribute. A bunch of Paulsons, Zuttahs, Bibbs, Hoyer's all should have at least put together seasons where they aren't booted off the roster before our bye week. 

23 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I've seen the opposite. He's made some good plays and with frequency at that.

That's good. I rarely watch games with complete attention. I noticed Cooper for wrong reasons at times, but it was on plays the entire defense looked bad, for example, against the colts when we couldn't tackle Marlon Mack. So it wasn't really just him, in those instances. He hasn't caught my eyes under a positive light because I haven't really paid attention. But that's good if he's playing well.