Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

32 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Erm...

I hope he was on a month to month lease. 

Looks like this was a move so that we could re-sign Paulsen as Juice Check is still not practicing, so it seems unlikely he's going to play this week. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who did we release or put on IR?

Datone Jones though? Our once very solid DL is looking like  it did to end the season last year. It could start to get ugly.

I haven't been able to find a corresponding move yet. 

50 minutes ago, N4L said:

I just realized that Vic Fangio is not under contract for next season. I know kyle tried to hire him last offseason. What are the chances we bring him back? 

I would be very surprised. One, I don't think that Saleh has really done anything to deserve to be fired, so I think that Lynch / Shanny will be reticent to can him after this year. I feel like you seldom see someone get fired just to be upgraded because someone else came available. I'm sure it's happened, I just don' t know how often it happens (usually when you're fired, you deserve it), and not sure that's the type of stuff you want out there. Two, I don't know what kind of vitriol (if any) that Fangio has against York / Paraag. I don't think that his tenure ended well, but I'm not sure if that was due more because of Baalke, or York. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would be very surprised. One, I don't think that Saleh has really done anything to deserve to be fired, so I think that Lynch / Shanny will be reticent to can him after this year. I feel like you seldom see someone get fired just to be upgraded because someone else came available. I'm sure it's happened, I just don' t know how often it happens (usually when you're fired, you deserve it), and not sure that's the type of stuff you want out there. Two, I don't know what kind of vitriol (if any) that Fangio has against York / Paraag. I don't think that his tenure ended well, but I'm not sure if that was due more because of Baalke, or York. 

How about the fact of never using Thomas to rush from the inside? 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How about the fact of never using Thomas to rush from the inside? 

Not something I would consider fireable at this point in time lol. There are things we nitpick on for all the coordinators. Happens every time. Most popular person is always the coordinator a team doesn't have. I just don't think that he's been that bad. Our results are about where I would suspect, given everything. He's kind of working with the deck stacked against him. No real edge rush finisher. No linebackers. Our best cornerback is a jeckyl & hyde magician, and our free safety has completely flopped. Plus the injuries, etc. I don't agree with all of his decisions, but I'm not going to with any coordinator. Honestly, I'm more okay with how he's run the defense than I am with how Shanny has run the offense.