Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Saleh hasnt exactly done anything to keep his job either. Fangio would be a clear upgrade

I think he's done just fine. He's pretty much met my expectations, given everything, and I think that is plenty to keep his job. Fangio would certainly be an upgrade...I just don't like that look, not to mention, let's create more instability, etc etc. 

It's not about Saleh being terrible, but he hasn't proven to be good and you don't pass up on Fangio. Check out the stats of that defense. Dude has them playing great ball and would get the best of our talent as well. Only thing is we will have to go back to a cover two man scheme and switch to 3-4 in the base. I mean a lot of our guys were drafted to play there so it won't be bad. Armstead becomes more valuable and Thomas could play there too. 

• Like 1

I like what we've seen from Saleh for the most part, some questionable stuff forsure with Thomas's role being undefined still and nose tackles playing in coverage. But I think he's done well with a lot of the personnel he's working with. I've been calling to move reid to linebacker since last year so I like seeing that he might actually succeed there like the Jags Telvin Smith has at the same size (who some people thought was best suited for SS). I think as the season goes on we need to see progression in our defense especially in the pass rush so time will tell.

We could use another veteran coach like Pagano if he gets canned or Marvin Lewis 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:40 PM, Forge said:

We released Will Redmond from IR. 

Wow.  Didn't even want to keep him on IR for a year and see if he can develop into anything.  THe new management must have a real problem with Baalke's evaluation of CBs.  Well, now that I think about it's his evaluation of everyone.  I expected big turnover from last year, but it's beyond anything I could have imagined.  Kilgore, Burbridge, Blair, Carradine, Iworah, could all be gone.  Hyde is a possibility and who knows what they're thinking about Garnett.  Even Armsted could be traded. There could conceivabley be just about no one left on the team next year that was drafted by Trent.

Edited by big9erfan

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Wow.  Didn't even want to keep him on IR for a year and see if he can develop into anything.  THe new management must have a real problem with Baalke's evaluation of CBs.  Well, now that I think about it's his evaluation of everyone.  I expected big turnover from last year, but it's beyond anything I could have imagined.  Kilgore, Burbridge, Blair, Carradine, Iworah, could all be gone.  Hyde is a possibility and who knows what they're thinking about Garnett.  Even Armsted could be traded. There could conceivabley be just about no one left on the team next year that was drafted by Trent.

Outside of Buckner, Ward, Tartt, and Trent Brown, I can't think of any other that will be around long-term, though they are reportedly high on Kilgore. And I'm not even completely convinced on Ward. 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Outside of Buckner, Ward, Tartt, and Trent Brown, I can't think of any other that will be around long-term, though they are reportedly high on Kilgore. And I'm not even completely convinced on Ward. 

God, how are the high on Kilgore? Do they watch him play at all? I hope that is not the case...if it, I'm going to be convinced that he has blackmail material. 

Also, I'm with you on Ward. Not sure that they end up keeping him long term. Buckner, Tartt and Brown are the locks for me. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

God, how are the high on Kilgore? Do they watch him play at all? I hope that is not the case...if it, I'm going to be convinced that he has blackmail material. 

Also, I'm with you on Ward. Not sure that they end up keeping him long term. Buckner, Tartt and Brown are the locks for me. 

I'm with you, I don't know how they can feel fine with Kilgore, but it's what I've regrettably heard. 

And even Brown isn't a lock for me. Very close, and he's a guy I 100% want to keep. But I don't know what the staff/he are thinking. If they don't want to pay him LT money because they don't feel he can be a LT, and he wants to LT money or wants to be a LT, then I can see a stalemate where he ends up leaving. But it certainly wouldn't be for a lack of performance. He's perfectly fine (and if he ever learns to run block, watch out).

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm with you, I don't know how they can feel fine with Kilgore, but it's what I've regrettably heard. 

And even Brown isn't a lock for me. Very close, and he's a guy I 100% want to keep. But I don't know what the staff/he are thinking. If they don't want to pay him LT money because they don't feel he can be a LT, and he wants to LT money or wants to be a LT, then I can see a stalemate where he ends up leaving. But it certainly wouldn't be for a lack of performance. He's perfectly fine (and if he ever learns to run block, watch out).

Honestly, I'm sure that there is much of a difference between left tackle and right tackle money any more.