Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Guys like Marsh aren't going to be the answer. 

You don't know this. Marsh is just getting warmed up! :P 

Pro Football Focus gave Marsh a solid 76.9 overall grade as a pass rusher with San Francisco with Marsh creating pressure on 11.9 percent of his pass rushes.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article198888479.html

• Like 1

I liked what I saw of him. But he never started and only played a few games. So the sample size is really small. He's been in the league for 5 full years and only has 6 sacks. Still, if he can play like he did at times for us last year it will be a nice boost for the D.

Apparently the team is set to unveil an alternate uniform for 2018 soon.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/17/17364882/49ers-new-alternate-uniforms-2018-replacing-black

Word on the street is that they're all white. I just hope the numbers aren't like the 1994 uniforms. Socks were cool though. I liked the white uniforms we had in 1996. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Apparently the team is set to unveil an alternate uniform for 2018 soon.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/17/17364882/49ers-new-alternate-uniforms-2018-replacing-black

Word on the street is that they're all white. I just hope the numbers aren't like the 1994 uniforms. Socks were cool though. I liked the white uniforms we had in 1996. 

I liked the 94 jerseys

• Like 1

Meh.. I'm not a fan of the all white, but considering its one hundred and fifty bagillion degrees in Santa Clara until basically November, all white to stay cool makes sense.

When you are in the 300 level and above there is a breeze so the heat isnt a huge issue, but when you are lower tbe breeze is non existent and you bake. 

Whatever helps the team win 

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Meh.. I'm not a fan of the all white, but considering its one hundred and fifty bagillion degrees in Santa Clara until basically November, all white to stay cool makes sense.

When you are in the 300 level and above there is a breeze so the heat isnt a huge issue, but when you are lower tbe breeze is non existent and you bake. 

Whatever helps the team win 

Bay area people don't know what summer and fall heat is lol. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

If the black uniforms are gone, I will be the happiest I have ever been. They were the worst.

Surprised to find myself saying this, but I agree 100%. I love black, generally, but was not a fan of the SF black. 

If it's to be that pic Goodwin posted, I think I may like it just fine. 

All time favorite is still this one though :

Image result for bryant young 49ers

26 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Surprised to find myself saying this, but I agree 100%. I love black, generally, but was not a fan of the SF black. 

If it's to be that pic Goodwin posted, I think I may like it just fine. 

All time favorite is still this one though :

Image result for bryant young 49ers

I like the look of those ones just fine. Only problem with using it as a throwback is the different colored helmet shell which the NFL forbids (different colored as in the gold is a deeper, darker shade). If we can adapt our current helmet to work, I wouldn't mind these. And I like the ones Goodwin posted - white is at least one of our main uniform colors. And you can read them!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Meh...I really don't see white or black as being 9ers colors. Accents, yes. But Garnet & Gold is supposed to be the color scheme, not all white/black. Yuck.:S

I will agree with you on black, but white has been a part of the 49ers color scheme since 1946 before the team ever touched gold as a possible color. It's heritage!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I will agree with you on black, but white has been a part of the 49ers color scheme since 1946 before the team ever touched gold as a possible color. It's heritage!

Never knew that ?

26 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Ah-ha! So the Sooners have more than just red in common with the 9ers?! Whodathunk it?!

• Like 1

I texted with Richard Sherman this morning," Pelissero said. "He told me he is also able to cut right now. He's doing a lot of different things. He says his rehab is going phenomenal. The one thing he hasn't done yet is stop. In other words, sprint and then put those breaks on. That's one of the last things that's going to come.

"He told me a couple of months ago that he expected that he would be cleared around minicamp time, so we're talking about mid-June. Well, you're starting to get closer and closer to that, but the 49ers are taking a conservative approach here. At this point, Sherman remains confident by training camp, and certainly, by the regular season, which ultimately is what matters, he will be ready."

-From Tom Pelissero

Is it possible to quote this on your phone? I don't see the quote feature. 

Anyways, good to see him being able to cut already. By next month should be able to stop and change directions. Has about two months until the start of TC, and it looks like he should be cleared by then.

Again thanks to @John232 for putting me on Erick Crocker. Another good article on the slot battle between Reed/Williams. 

https://www.fourthandnine.com/single-post/2018/05/17/Film-Room-DJ-Reed-KWaun-Williams-and-the-49ers-slot-battle

This is going to be a very good battle. I'm not betting against Reed, but Williams won't be easy to beat out. And then who knows where Ward factors in all of this. 

• Like 2