Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is it possible to quote this on your phone? I don't see the quote feature

I edited it. I have little quotation marks on my phone for the quote feature. It's a pain to get right though

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I edited it. I have little quotation marks on my phone for the quote feature. It's a pain to get right though

I agree with y2lamanaki's thoughts on everything.

Edited by y2lamanaki

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doesn't matter the regime, this team has been so so so so so so good at drafting LBs. From Willis to Bowman to Borland to Foster and even Smith if you want to count him. Unreal. 

You could even make the case that other guys, who weren't exactly studs like Haralson we got more than we reasonably should have from them. The only one I can think of that probably underwhelmed was Manny Lawson, and even he had a nice career in the NFL, just wasn't the guy that I think most people thought that we were drafting. 

Agreed on Kittle, been bullish on him all offseason. He will be the breakout receiver on the team.

Chris Biderman said the team isn't totally sold on Colbert yet. Definitely played some good ball to end the season, but Prisco thinks he could be the next great safety in the league? Well, sure hope he's right lol.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed on Kittle, been bullish on him all offseason. He will be the breakout receiver on the team.

Chris Biderman said the team isn't totally sold on Colbert yet. Definitely played some good ball to end the season, but Prisco thinks he could be the next great safety in the league? Well, sure hope he's right lol.

Well I've been just as bullish on Colbert. The team says its not on him....meanwhile, they moved his stiffest competition to start@FS to CB and did not draft nor sign any viable competition to contend with him for the starting FS spot. All this while naming him the starter before OTAs even began. They're actions are speaking much louder than they're words. 

Yeah can't wait to see how Colbert improves this season. The guy surprised everyone last year  and will be interesting to see how he builds on last year. I think his biggest improvement is on the mental side where he doesn't just have to rely on his athleticism. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He just has to stop dropping passes.  Depending on the stat you go on, he dropped nearly 10% of the passes throw his way (I've seen him credited with either 5 or 6 drops) That's an insanely high amount. It's not Vance McDonald bad (I think he was over 15%, and his best year was still over 11% I Think), but it's really high. To put it in perspective, Kelce had either the same amount of drops, or less (depending on which drop figure you go by) in nearly twice the targets. Vernon Davis(!!!) had half as many drops as Kittle in slightly more targets. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

He just has to stop dropping passes.  Depending on the stat you go on, he dropped nearly 10% of the passes throw his way (I've seen him credited with either 5 or 6 drops) That's an insanely high amount. It's not Vance McDonald bad (I think he was over 15%, and his best year was still over 11% I Think), but it's really high. To put it in perspective, Kelce had either the same amount of drops, or less (depending on which drop figure you go by) in nearly twice the targets. Vernon Davis(!!!) had half as many drops as Kittle in slightly more targets. 

How many drops we're with Garoppolo compared to other QBs? 

Kittle was mainly a blocking TE in college. My main concern with kittle is durability. He battled a lot of injuries including the hamstring all year. I still can't believe we didn't add any sort of TE this off-season.. 

16 hours ago, Forge said:

You could even make the case that other guys, who weren't exactly studs like Haralson we got more than we reasonably should have from them. The only one I can think of that probably underwhelmed was Manny Lawson, and even he had a nice career in the NFL, just wasn't the guy that I think most people thought that we were drafting. 

Errrm...that's generous. He was a bust. His career was average at best. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Errrm...that's generous. He was a bust. His career was average at best. 

"Bust" and "average at best" are two very different things. And it's hard to consider a guy who had a 10-year career as a full-time starter a bust. He had a longer, better career than half of his fellow first rounders that year.

But I will agree with "average." 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

"Bust" and "average at best" are two very different things. And it's hard to consider a guy who had a 10-year career as a full-time starter a bust. He had a longer, better career than half of his fellow first rounders that year.

But I will agree with "average." 

You can't be a 10 year player, and be a bust? Lawson was brought in to get sacks as the 22nd overall pick, which he never did in SF or anywhere else.