Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no problem with Owens. Want the first diva receiver, won't be the last. But he worked harder than just about anybody, brought it every week, and left it all out on the field

Diva is not the word I think of when I thinkk of TO. Yes, lots of diva WRs. Not so many that openly criticize their QBs and stare him down on the field if he misses them or fails to throw it their way, or his coach, or the FO. If you believe in the notion of a "cancer in the clubhouse" then he was as toxic as they come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Diva is not the word I think of when I thinkk of TO. Yes, lots of diva WRs. Not so many that openly criticize their QBs and stare him down on the field if he misses them or fails to throw it their way, or his coach, or the FO. If you believe in the notion of a "cancer in the clubhouse" then he was as toxic as they come.

People act like that was an every week occurrence though. It wasn't. Yes, there was some ugliness, no doubt, but it wasn't always like that

I think the passing years have softened my view of Owens.

The only lingering thought I have is that it was just too bad that team and player couldn't make up and stick it out together. I remember Owens came into the pros as a Grandma-raised, humble guy. Too bad that he didn't mature with age, as a 49er. Sad to see good people get the taste of fame, and lose their way. 

No ill will towards him today though.. yet don't give a care about HOF stuff. When a player retires, I wish him well, but the pats on the head stop from me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Know what I remember most? ALLIGATOR ARMS. The man would not lay out for passes slightly off target. He would short arm it. If he got it, great. If not, oh well, not his fault. 

I mean, he did play the super bowl on a broken leg

L-O-L, PFT really did an article off a question Barrows was asked in his mailbag? Hilarious.

Now, Garnett is going to have to earn his spot, but you don't write an article off a freaking response to a mailbag question where Barrows is just guessing. Not like he quoted any source or anything.

• Like 1

Honestly the more I think about it, the less sense it makes for Sherman to say that publicly. Yes, the fact he noticed is great because hopefully Garoppolo will correct it. But now it's something that other teams will have, even if they never noticed themselves

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Honestly the more I think about it, the less sense it makes for Sherman to say that publicly. Yes, the fact he noticed is great because hopefully Garoppolo will correct it. But now it's something that other teams will have, even if they never noticed themselves

If Sherman noticed that relatively quickly, then the zillions of other players and coaches will have noticed it sooner or later. Jimmy's success in the NFL won't be made or broken by a small nuance like that. 

22 hours ago, N4L said:

Or maybe he's putting it out there just to sucker other teams into paying attention to that very thing, missing out on the rest. Jimmy is probably in on it. They're baiting the NFL. We'll exploit this in the game winning drive of the Superbowl. 

• Like 3