Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Truthfully, it's not that easy to scheme for the short/intermediate area. You could try to stack the middle of the field, but Garoppolo makes a lot of quick decisions. One flaw of his is when he gets pressured he won't just eat the sack or get rid of the ball, but instead will try to force the ball into tight coverage. And McKinnon being a threat out of the backfield is going to help him much more than our RBs did last season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Truthfully, it's not that easy to scheme for the short/intermediate area. You could try to stack the middle of the field, but Garoppolo makes a lot of quick decisions. One flaw of his is when he gets pressured he won't just eat the sack or get rid of the ball, but instead will try to force the ball into tight coverage. And McKinnon being a threat out of the backfield is going to help him much more than our RBs did last season. 

What? You don't need to worry about double covering anyone deep. Your deep safety doesn't really have to play deep. You don't have to worry so much about biting on the first move.  You can afford to leave in a LB that is good against the run, thus making it harder to run, without worrying abou him getting beat deep. Everfything is easier for a D that doesn't have to worry about being  beat deep. I know what you're saying - I think. There are teams that can dink and dunk at a high level and those that can't. But any team lacking a depp or long intermediate passing game will be a lot easier to defend.

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah. Jimmy G isn't throwing YOLO balls like Winston or Favre just yet.

Edited by PapaShogun

With Goodwin, you have to respect his speed period. Especially now that he isn't a one trick pony. So I don't think you're just going to leave him isolated on a corner regardless of what you think of Jimmy G's deep ball. Teams no doubt will adjust, but so will Shanny. I just don't it's so easy as saying all you have to do is bring the safeties closer to the LOS and load up on the middle of the field and Jimmy G will be exposed. 

• Like 1

Since we are on the Jimmy G topic, these types of stats are super encouraging. Still think he throws some wild passes at times under pressure, but no denying he was money for the most part under duress. Garoppolo just doesn't seem to panic and knows where he wants to go with the ball. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since we are on the Jimmy G topic, these types of stats are super encouraging. Still think he throws some wild passes at times under pressure, but no denying he was money for the most part under duress. Garoppolo just doesn't seem to panic and knows where he wants to go with the ball. 

Yep. World-class quick release, sees the field incredibly well, fells pressure coming and avoids it or gets rid of the ball, always seems toi know which is the right receiver to throw to. All signs of a potentially great QB.

Honorable? Sarcastm, right. As soon as Steve & Jerry were gone, so was TO's self control. Sure, some of his antics were mildly entertaining (Sharpie, Fracas on the Star), but he just got more and more self-absorbed. And it got worse in other cities. Yes, he did play with a fracture in his leg...but truly, who is going to miss the Super Bowl?! That still can be called self-absorbed.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:15 PM, Chrissooner49er said:

Honorable? Sarcastm, right. As soon as Steve & Jerry were gone, so was TO's self control. Sure, some of his antics were mildly entertaining (Sharpie, Fracas on the Star), but he just got more and more self-absorbed. And it got worse in other cities. Yes, he did play with a fracture in his leg...but truly, who is going to miss the Super Bowl?! That still can be called self-absorbed.

Very honorable to celebrate it at the small school college he attended and having it free of charge for the public. 

Anyways, Mike Freeman wrote in his article yesterday that folks around the league think Dez Bryant will end up on the Niners. I just don't see it happening though. Not with his diminished speed and questionable route running. Not only that, but Lynch and Shanny have mentioned a few times that they like the receiving core quite a bit and it is better than people give it credit for. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Very honorable to celebrate it at the small school college he attended and having it free of charge for the public. 

Anyways, Mike Freeman wrote in his article yesterday that folks around the league think Dez Bryant will end up on the Niners. I just don't see it happening though. Not with his diminished speed and questionable route running. Not only that, but Lynch and Shanny have mentioned a few times that they like the receiving core quite a bit and it is better than people give it credit for. 

The only way I see it if we lose both our starters for the season. 

On 7/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Very honorable man right there. But yeah, he is the bad guy here.......

In regards to where he wants to have his HOF speech, that's fine. 

As far as the perception of his character has been throughout his career, that's mostly on him. 

Too bad he won't be going in as a 49er. I wonder if the HOF will FedEx his gold jacket to him. 

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

In regards to where he wants to have his HOF speech, that's fine. 

As far as the perception of his character has been throughout his career, that's mostly on him. 

Too bad he won't be going in as a 49er. I wonder if the HOF will FedEx his gold jacket to him. 

Players don’t ‘go in’ to the HoF with one specific team.

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/ 

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization.  Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time.  An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined.  When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.”

33 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Players don’t ‘go in’ to the HoF with one specific team.

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/ 

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization.  Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time.  An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined.  When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.”

Oh ok. Well, that's that. I suppose Owens would then consider his best days as a Cowboy then personally. Or rather, if he were to officially retire with one team (like sign a one day contract) it would be with I'm guessing Dallas. Don't see it being with the 49ers or Eagles. 

Marquise Goodwin surprises his mother with a new house

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/05/marquise-goodwin-surprises-his-mother-with-a-new-house/

The 49ers receiver posted a video on Instagram of his mother and sister, Deja, taking off their blindfolds and seeing a new house for the first time. His mother is overcome with emotion.