Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Makes sense especially with Jeffrey hurt and I believe a few other WRs got banged up yesterday.

See, these are the teams that are SB ready to make this type of move. Not really all that big of a risk to the Eagles and the move can pay dividends in a big way.  

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Makes sense especially with Jeffrey hurt and I believe a few other WRs got banged up yesterday.

See, these are the teams that are SB ready to make this type of move. Not really all that big of a risk to the Eagles and the move can pay dividends in a big way.  

Yeah, they lost Mike Wallace to a broken leg. Obviously, he  was their main stretch the field guy with Alshon being the big bodied possession guy and Algholor as the slot guy. 

Plus, its the type of move we know Howie will make. Dude is just beasting his GM role. 

24 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I'd rather roll with CJ, I never believed we were going to the SB this year. This team isn't there yet to trade for a guy or use Cutler. Maybe CJ lights it up this year and we win it all, I'd rather try a guy we groomed then go with Cutler and all his INTs.

Yeah at the point we are as a team i prefer having a young guy as a back-up because when your starter goes down we don't have the team to just win games with a lesser QB. Give Beathard the chance to show if he improved from last year(preseason would say no). No reason to bring in any other QB besides if you can trade for a young guy for fairly cheap if you feel he is better than Beathard. Trading for guys like Tyrod Taylor or Jay Cutler makes no sense at this point in our rebuild.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah at the point we are as a team i prefer having a young guy as a back-up because when your starter goes down we don't have the team to just win games with a lesser QB. Give Beathard the chance to show if he improved from last year(preseason would say no). No reason to bring in any other QB besides if you can trade for a young guy for fairly cheap if you feel he is better than Beathard. Trading for guys like Tyrod Taylor or Jay Cutler makes no sense at this point in our rebuild.

How is Jay Cutler even a mention? ?

• Like 1

Of all the QBs mentioned that we brought in, my hope is we sign Kyle Allen to the PS. Good size, arm, and athleticism. None of these other guys have any upside, but I liked Allen as a late round developmental guy during the draft.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, it's nothing. The report is just saying that sources within the league are hoping that the 49ers trade for Foles, which is completely understandable. It's just about money and viewership. Foles won a super bowl last year and people know who he is. We have 5 primetime games, so the NFL of course doesn't want CJ Beathard starting those games and would prefer Nick Foles. Of course, I hope to god that our staff isn't looking at making a trade on the basis of the 49ers being on primetime for the NFL's viewership numbers LOL

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Kittle is the highest rated tight end according to PFF. According to their metrics, if he keeps up his efficiency he'll have over 1200 yards receiving. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-george-kittle-is-the-highest-graded-tight-end-in-the-nfl-through-week-4

But that implies he has to actually catch the ball....:$ 

JUGS is your friend, Mr. Kittle.

• Like 2