Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude is a beast period. Still waiting for him to become a RZ threat for us. Hardly gets any targets down there. His speed/explosiveness makes him a tough cover and naturally he is just a physical player. What a find in the 5th round. 

He was my fave of the non-day 1 picks in '17. Of course, it helps that he is from Sooner country: Norman, OK! His family connections to Iowa took him there rather than becoming a Sooner.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/8803889-181/grant-cohn-kyle-shanahans-dual?sba=AAS

Anyone else read this? Ugh...just a terrible take by Cohn in my opinion. I basically read this as, "Be conservative and scared, Kyle. Don't be aggressive"...

Nope. I do not waste my time with the Cohns. At all. Click-bait. Nothing more.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 1:17 AM, Forge said:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/8803889-181/grant-cohn-kyle-shanahans-dual?sba=AAS

Anyone else read this? Ugh...just a terrible take by Cohn in my opinion. I basically read this as, "Be conservative and scared, Kyle. Don't be aggressive"...

Why would I read that? I don't understand why people continue to read his material. 

10 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Good. Team doesn't deserve to be on SNF. 

Neither do the cowboys and giants, but we have to endure that one every year. 

Still, right call. Not sure I want to force this disaster on to the public more times than it needs to be. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Neither do the cowboys and giants, but we have to endure that one every year. 

Still, right call. Not sure I want to force this disaster on to the public more times than it needs to be. 

I knew someone would bring up Cowboys/Giants in response. And my response to that is east coast market = $$$. Deserving is irrelevant in their case. They will always get a free ride. :)

Edited by PapaShogun

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I knew someone would bring up Cowboys/Giants in response. And my response to that is east coast market = $$$. Deserving is irrelevant in their case. They will always get a free ride. :)

Sure, everyone knows that, but the money angle makes no sense for this as you are taking two of the bigger media markets + numbers and replacing them with Kansas City and Cincinnati. If it were all about money, the Rams / 49ers would still be in the sunday night game. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sure, everyone knows that, but the money angle makes no sense for this as you are taking two of the bigger media markets + numbers and replacing them with Kansas City and Cincinnati. If it were all about money, the Rams / 49ers would still be in the sunday night game. 

I think NYG/Dallas is the only game that will probably never get bumped off regardless of circumstance. 49ers/Rams markets aren't as small as KC/Bengals, but obviously television people are taking their chances having that game rack in more attention/dough. KC/Bengals wouldn't replace NYG/Dallas. 

Edited by PapaShogun