Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I think NYG/Dallas is the only game that will probably never get bumped off regardless of circumstance. 49ers/Rams markets aren't as small as KC/Bengals, but obviously television people are taking their chances having that game rack in more dough. KC/Bengals wouldn't replace NYG/Dallas. 

I would agree with that. It's not even the Giants, it's really Dallas. Their primetime numbers are absurd. Awful announcing did a report a year or so ago about the differences in rating when the Cowboys are on primetime and when they aren't. The results are pretty staggering. Usually between 15-20% drop. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would agree with that. It's not even the Giants, it's really Dallas. Their primetime numbers are absurd. Awful announcing did a report a year or so ago about the differences in rating when the Cowboys are on primetime and when they aren't. The results are pretty staggering. Usually between 15-20% drop. 

Dallas is stupid. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

How much do you guys beat my team by???? I’m going with 14

Lol, why? We lost by 10 to a previously winless team despite outgaining them by 200 yards and having greater than a 2 to 1 advantage in time of possession. How on earth are we going to win by 2 TDs over anyone? We certainly aren't going to get healthier. 

If we win (and we might), we're looking at a field goal difference. Tops.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Or your defense will look like the 85 Bears defense......

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can’t even pressure a QB! This is 08’ lions defense. We are talking bad. Doesn’t stop there........... just let Carr go 3&out or throw a pick. We are just pathetic. Like Jon Gruden’s third nipple that is our team

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can’t even pressure a QB! This is 08’ lions defense. We are talking bad. Doesn’t stop there........... just let Carr go 3&out or throw a pick. We are just pathetic. Like Jon Gruden’s third nipple that is our team

And we are exactly what? Just lost to the Cardinals by 10 points!!! They had 145 total yards on offense after the opening play of the game and we still lost and were losing almost the entire game. Sad!

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Really disappointed we got flexed out. There's nothing like night home games. 

Especially because I agreed to work from 2-4 on Sunday lol now I will need to figure that out. 

Could see it coming from a mile away though. That game is going to be a nightmare blow out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

How confident are you that Gruden doesn't trade Carr for picks? 

I'd love to see this, and I've posited the notion before. Wouldn't shock me at all, and I think Carr would garner a first round pick in return (unless it's the giants...then I feel like maybe the Giants flip first round picks with the Raiders' bear pick, and then maybe give up a second or something). 

It makes sense that Carr is struggling if Gruden's offense is as complex as it's believed. Still, Gruden falls in and out of love with quarterbacks, Carr's deal is extremely reasonable for any team acquiring him, and there's a pretty nominal amount of dead money on the deal for the Raiders to absorb. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could see it coming from a mile away though. That game is going to be a nightmare blow out. 

Maybe, maybe not. We won't be able to stop them from scoring, but Kyle has averaged 30+ ppg when he is going against Wade Phillips. So there's that 

(Don't argue it, just let me have my false hope)