Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

Minor Niner News Thread

14 hours ago, Geek said:

He was running so he had momentum. There is no way to stop moving in the air unless he stopped before jumping and jumped straight up which would be ridiculous and time wasting. He can't be running as fast as he was and jump without his momentum carrying him forwards. That's how physics work.

Turning forwards momentum into upwards momentum doesnt requiring stopping it requires a different jumping technique. But the main point is by choosing to jump up and straight to the QB he takes a risk to get a penalty and thus the fine. Is it a soft foul yeah but it is a foul by the rules because he hits the QB's head. And for the jumping part if he didn't hit the QB's head first he probably doesn't even get a penalty called or a fine but because he does it gets called because he jumps straight to the QB to try and block the ball. 

The 49ers on Tuesday signed former Texans quarterback Tom Savage after the team previously had just two signal callers following the season-ending injury to Jimmy Garoppolo

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

And cut Nick Mullens? Or what was the subsequent roster move? 

I don't think we need three QBs.

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

They cut Cole Wick which I think everyone saw coming when they elevated Dwelley from the PS to the 53.

17 hours ago, N4L said:

With the way Beathard is playing, running head first into multiple defenders, it's not crazy to think he'll be injured at some point this season.

McG be ballin'

McGlinchey has already established himself as a top tackle in the NFL. Pro Football Focus has graded McGlinchey as the 10th best tackle in overall grades and as the best run blocking tackle in football as of Week 5.

Not only did #49ers rookie Mike McGlinchey make our PFF Team of the Week, his 86.4 run blocking grade on the season now ranks No. 1 among all tackles.

McGlinchey is also the top graded rookie lineman in 2018 through Week 5.

Mike McGlinchey is making an impact for the 49ers.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

With the way Beathard is playing, running head first into multiple defenders, it's not crazy to think he'll be injured at some point this season.

at which point, we sign nick mullens from the practice squad the following week. 

We wont dress 3 QBs on gamedays anyways, so what is the point of having three on the roster? 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

at which point, we sign nick mullens from the practice squad the following week. 

We wont dress 3 QBs on gamedays anyways, so what is the point of having three on the roster? 

Mullens has been on the 53, not the PS. He's been the backup for the last couple of weeks. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

You would dress all 3. One would be inactive. If the 3rd QB is needed, he can come in, but the other two are prohibited from re-entering the game. 

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/22_Use_of_3rd_QB.pdf

EDIT: 

Actually, just found that this rule no longer exists. 

Would Ritchie James be our emergency QB? Or Breida, Juice?

Edited by John232

21 hours ago, John232 said:

Would Ritchie James be our emergency QB? Or Breida, Juice?

It would have been McKinnon, but right now it is Juice.

I selfishly wished we would have put Arnaz Battle(sic) at QB in those bad years. Something different to see even if it meant it wouldn't advance us in the future. I just wanted to see it for one game. 

Edited by Gravity

Can Inman doesn't get posted enough around here:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/10/23/49ers-mailbag-do-you-see-nick-mullens-stepping-in-before-season-ends/

Who were the offensive players saying that the defense needed to force turnovers? They aren't wrong but they also aren't right. I don't even have a guess as to who would say that. Joe staley maybe? Probably the only guy who could get away with it. That guy is an absolute warrior, I was watching him limp around all game on sunday during commercial breaks.. just a tough competitor who is still fighting after how many losing seasons? 

Lots of good insight in that article 

I don't think Sherman will be traded. He might hit IR at some point though. Wouldnt be the worst thing as long as whatever it is isn't too serious. I think he likes being back where he went to college... Santa Clara and Palo Alto are so close. I'm hoping he will coach for us when he retires in a few years (after we win a ring)

Crazy how last year's draft seemed so promising but almost everyone has regressed. Ruben Foster has not looked the same this year. Trent Taylor's back injury has killed his short area quickness which is what made him dangerous. Witherspoon... Colbert.. 

This year's draft class hasn't contributed very much outside of mcglinchy and warner. DJ Reed has been ok at best and Richie james is seeing the field at least.. but what about moore? Haven't really heard his name other than maybe a kickoff tackle or something.. why we took a division two S with the plan to move him to corner in the third round I will never know 

Pettis made some plays when he was on the field, but the knock on him was that he wouldn't last in the league because of his frame.. and he's been out with multiple injuries already. 

I hope Lynch and Peters are re-examening their criteria.. 

DOES ANYONE IN THE BUILDING HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE AT THEIR JOB BESIDES RICHARD SHERMAN??? Lol guess they will learn through trial and error ... Emphasis on the error 

Apparently, today is the ten year anniversary of the"I want winners speech". For all his crap, singletary did help manage to get VD turned around to some degree. He shouldn't get all of the credit, or even the bulk of it, but it certainly did appear that he had an impact

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Apparently, today is the ten year anniversary of the"I want winners speech". For all his crap, singletary did help manage to get VD turned around to some degree. He shouldn't get all of the credit, or even the bulk of it, but it certainly did appear that he had an impact

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long, it felt just like that happened a few years ago.

Damn, we've sucked for a long time.