Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Was just answering another question in the NFL gen forum, and do you guys realize that from the 2012 - 2014 nfl drafts, we basically had two guys play out more than his rookie contract (Tank & Dial, both of whom stayed one extra year)? How brutal is that? Now, we obviously gave Vance the extension, but traded him before he played even a down under the new deal. Reid and Ward both played out their option years. But that's it so far as I can tell. With Ward unlikely to be back, that means we had a whopping 4 guys play one more year than on their rookie contract (and that's only if you don't consider the option year as part of the initial rookie contracts for first rounders), otherwise its only 2. We had 30 draft picks over that 3 year period. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just answering another question in the NFL gen forum, and do you guys realize that from the 2012 - 2014 nfl drafts, we basically had two guys play out more than his rookie contract (Tank & Dial, both of whom stayed one extra year)? How brutal is that? Now, we obviously gave Vance the extension, but traded him before he played even a down under the new deal. Reid and Ward both played out their option years. But that's it so far as I can tell. With Ward unlikely to be back, that means we had a whopping 4 guys play one more year than on their rookie contract (and that's only if you don't consider the option year as part of the initial rookie contracts for first rounders), otherwise its only 2. We had 30 draft picks over that 3 year period. 

That's one way to stay out of cap hell, I guess...

A very sad way.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

The Baalke effect. 2011 wasn't great either.

19 hours ago, StevenK said:

Looks like Breida will be out against the Broncos with an aggravated ankle injury. Not like I had us pegged to win that game anyways. 

I'm good with Breida not playing next weekend, or even the remainder of season. He's shown me all I need to see, and needs to rest up for next season. :P 

• Like 1

He's claiming he's been taking the same supplements he has always taken with no bad test results.  He's having them tested to find out what was in them and use that for a possible lawsuit to prevent others in the future from getting suspensions.  Apparently, this isn't his first time testing dirty.  Which is why the suspension is so long.