Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Interesting pick-up. I really liked Rollins as a prospect. Probably not a signing that's going to move the needle but I thought Rollins had alot of talent. 

I seem to remember a lot of people really liking him as a prospect. Like you I doubt it moves the needle or that he even makes the team, but don't mind the move, especially the addition by subtraction part of it.

But as I don't see a way the team keeps more than 10 DBs, he's got an uphill climb. Sherman, Witherspoon, Verrett, Williams, Reed, Moseley, Ward, Tartt, Moore, Harris, Colbert, and Exum all can't make the roster as it is. And add Harris to this group as well. 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I seem to remember a lot of people really liking him as a prospect. Like you I doubt it moves the needle or that he even makes the team, but don't mind the move, especially the addition by subtraction part of it.

But as I don't see a way the team keeps more than 10 DBs, he's got an uphill climb. Sherman, Witherspoon, Verrett, Williams, Reed, Moseley, Ward, Tartt, Moore, Harris, Colbert, and Exum all can't make the roster as it is. And add Harris to this group as well. 

Sometimes, these things get resolved by fate alone, maybe. Begs the sad wondering of.. the chances on many above remaining healthy enough to be viable considerations, as these weeks continue? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b3ae97f891b7b32531

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Good, try trading Beathard for a late round pick and move on. Mullens is clearly superior and he's the real deal.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I'll guess he doesn't play in the final preseason game. 

Our coaching staff and team in general is just always super optimistic of when a player will actually return. But if he is practicing next week, then that is at least a solid sign he could play in week 1.

Here's my thing though, Richburg hasn't been good for two seasons now and are we really expecting him to play well out of the gates after coming back from that injury? This OL early on is going to struggle, which is not good since Jimmy G early on will have his struggles. I expect Jimmy G to start picking it up by like week 5 or so similar to Watson last year who struggled early on and then caught fire as the season went on. 

Will be very important for our defense to carry us early on before the bye week. If we can be 2-1 heading into the bye, that would be big as the offense should only get better after that. 

• Like 1

^ Could easily be right, J. Also could easily be that the offense will be kicking arse right out of the gate.

I'm less worried about guessing what we'll be, and content with sitting back to enjoy/suffer through whatever it is that will be. :) 

I'm weirdly happy to see Andre Lauderdale back. He was decent last preseason (maybe even two ago?). I feel more comfortable with him being the guy protecting our backup QBs in the 3rd and 4th preseason game than DiLauro, so...that's a minor victory to cover the next two weeks.