Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean I guess but don't we have a couple of lower level players at WR that can get us through one game? We had like 11 WRs on the roster to start camp...

Taylor hurt. Pettis has a groin issue. Hurd is banged up. Poindexter is hurt. Probably not going to risk injury to Goodwin or Deebo. That's six off the table right away. 

James / Matthews / Bourne are on the table, but two of those guys could make the actual roster, and at the very least one will, so you probably don't want to put that player in there too much. 

Basically left us with Thompson and Henry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean I guess but don't we have a couple of lower level players at WR that can get us through one game? We had like 11 WRs on the roster to start camp...

Poindexter also got a hurt a few weeks ago. 

This is no big deal, just getting bodies to get through this final week. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Taylor hurt. Pettis has a groin issue. Hurd is banged up. Poindexter is hurt. Probably not going to risk injury to Goodwin or Deebo. That's six off the table right away. 

James / Matthews / Bourne are on the table, but two of those guys could make the actual roster, and at the very least one will, so you probably don't want to put that player in there too much. 

Basically left us with Thompson and Henry. 

Completely forgot about Taylor as well.

So yeah, four of our WRs are banged up and not practicing while another is out for good .

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Well, that solves that problem. 

Really sucks for him to have back to back seasons lost to IR. 

Also sucks because I really expected a trade :(

Well, we thought it was likely Kentavius Street vs. Damontre Moore, preferred Moore because of the spot he plays, but didn't want to give up on Street with losing three players potentially next year. Now we can keep both. That's a win.

• Like 1

We signed Christian Campbell. I remember liking him coming out of Penn State. He’s probably going to have a hell of a time making the team coming in so late, but I hope we can stash him on the PS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

At this point we will never see him play as a niners imo

He’s not playing a single game for us. So @Forge, how much money would we have paid him the last two years for suiting up a grand total of zero games?? 

This team was after Bell for a reason. Probably knew for a while that something wasn't right with McKinnon's recovery. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He’s not playing a single game for us. So @Forge, how much money would we have paid him the last two years for suiting up a grand total of zero games?? 

This team was after Bell for a reason. Probably knew for a while that something wasn't right with McKinnon's recovery. 

Roughly about 15.4 million or so. 

It’s a damn shame we aren’t going to see McKinnon. I don’t care what everyone is saying that signing was not that bad at the time. He was such a force in the playoffs for the vikes I was really excited about him to contribute in Shannys offense. As for the roster I guess it’s a good thing this happened now and not week 7 after he was able to return to practice. Now that spot on the 53 is open, Jeff Wilson or another position player? Tough call 

• Like 1