Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

Do you guys think the 49ers sign Buckner or let him walk?

He's not going anywhere. And especially not next year (he's basically under contract via the fifth year option)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Not exactly "minor" news, but...

Looks like we have to work with what we have. Also, a real shame. The team has been very patient with guys with a lot of injury concerns, but this is now basically two lost seasons to injury for Taylor. Last year he tried to fight through the back injury and didn't miss a lot of games, but it clearly derailed his year 2.

Probably could have used one or the other. 

Taylor hurts, but it's softened by the Sanders acquisition. I never believed Hurd was going to be much of a factor this season after getting hurt before the season started. He was a project who has some impressive raw skills but definitely needed some refining.

I think it was a stretch to believe that when/if he came back that he would be an immediate contributor. He would've had to take someone's spot on the 53 and most likely wouldn't be active most of the games this year. For his development, I think him ending the season on IR is best for him and the team right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think, if we had been able to get both Taylor and Hurd back, we would not have traded for Manny (bet you didn't think of that by yourself, did ya?! :P ). We wouldn't have needed to. Sigh. We can never have good things when it comes to WRs. No, we have to trade for someone else's WR. :(

I think we might have. With those two, we still have a bunch of guys with no clear #1. And really, Sanders/Deebo/Taylor would be a great combo, IMO. Hurd could still be a gadget guy in that sense. But, there's probably even more of an urgency to make it without them, I will agree.

I was cleaning out my Google Drive this morning and found a doc that I started in August that was for a thread I was going to start. I was going to do a game of over/under before the season started and never finished my thought, but this was the first part of my thread:

"Over/Under Games Won: Line set at 8

My pick: Over - I'm predicting 9 wins, but I REALLY want to say 10. I think this team can compete for a wildcard spot, but it will be tough sledding with the rest of the NFC."

LOL!

This has been a wild first half.

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was cleaning out my Google Drive this morning and found a doc that I started in August that was for a thread I was going to start. I was going to do a game of over/under before the season started and never finished my thought, but this was the first part of my thread:

"Over/Under Games Won: Line set at 8

My pick: Over - I'm predicting 9 wins, but I REALLY want to say 10. I think this team can compete for a wildcard spot, but it will be tough sledding with the rest of the NFC."

LOL!

This has been a wild first half.

Almost to those 9 wins...next week! B|

Spotlight article by Eric Branch on the 49ers pathetic passing production by QBs since the 2001 season. Didn't realize it was this bad. 

At the season’s midway mark, Garoppolo has 1,806 yards and 13 touchdowns, which are relatively modest numbers that place him 21st and 12th in the NFL, respectively.

However, those figures qualify as stunning in Santa Clara: Garoppolo is on pace to throw for 3,612 yards and 26 touchdowns for a franchise that hasn’t had a quarterback throw for at least 3,500 yards or 25 touchdowns since Jeff Garcia did both in 2001.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Jimmy-Garoppolo-on-pace-to-end-14808151.php#?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

The funny thing is that that really isn't a high benchmark in this era for a QB to meet. Jimmy currently ranks 21st in his yardage total, and 12th in TDs.