Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Not real sure what to make of this. Sure feels like JImmy gets his fair share of pressures.. and we know he has that special quick release to help him anyway. Very proud of the job the backup OTs have done.. just sayin'.. I didn't get the sense that our pass pro was remarkable.

EI3K8HtWoAEaIpP?format=jpg&name=900x900

15 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Garoppolo is a candidate for PFF's Comeback Player of the Year award along with G Brandon Brooks, and S Earl Thomas. Surprisingly, no mention of Cooper Kupp.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-favorites-nfl-mvp-offensive-defensive-rookie-of-the-year-comeback-player-of-the-year

Yes, the offensive scheme of Kyle Shanahan is one of the best in the NFL and the defense has been off the charts, but Garoppolo has been everything the 49ers could ever ask for as the 12th highest-graded quarterback at 78.1 – a spot ahead of 2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes. Garoppolo’s patience and poise is what makes him such a valuable commodity to the 49ers. Looking at his pass attempts when he is moved off his first read and forced to pass to another option, Garoppolo has been among the best in the NFL – ranking third in PFF passing grade at 83.6 behind only Russell Wilson and Mahomes. His quick pass offense prevents him from taking a lot of shots downfield, however, when he does, he has been on the money ranking 11th in passing grade at 89.4 on throws of 15-plus yards and first in adjusted completion percentage at 70.3% (3.6% higher than any other quarterback). Consequently, it should not be a surprise to see Garoppolo is also PFF’s highest-graded quarterback throwing to a vertical route at 93.3 – producing five big-time throws and not a single turnover-worthy play and an adjusted completion percentage nearly 10% higher than anyone else.

This is what frustrates me about not taking enough deep shots. Because when Jimmy does throw them, he's been very accurate. I mean a pass here and there that may have been a bit under thrown, but certainly catch able. He's coming on though, and I predicted around this time of the year he was going to really take off. If he's the #12 graded QB right now, I expect him to be top 10 when it is all said and done. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is what frustrates me about not taking enough deep shots.

Pass Pro. Backup OTs. 

#savethejimmy

We'll see what happens now that the big boys are returning. Either way, can't say I care about the deep shots, if the offense is flowing to wins. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Pass Pro. Backup OTs. 

#savethejimmy

We'll see what happens now that the big boys are returning. Either way, can't say I care about the deep shots, if the offense is flowing to wins. 

Let other teams think we don't care about the deep shots. We're simply not needing them right now. We'll take our shots when we need them, and opponents won't see them coming/won't have much tape on them.

I actually do think this Oline has been Elite across the board. Laken Tomlinson and Westen Richberg have been especially damn near all 8 games against really good opponents, LAR was a tough one but thats against Aaron fricken Doland. to add onto that this roster might have 4 nfl starting OT's. I do agree that Shanny's play calling does help, but they still need to execute and they simply are at a very efficient rate. Shout out to Joe Benton the OL Coach, dude's been getting guys to improve year after year. 

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

giphy.gif

Somebody of Lynch/Shanahan needs to get fired immediately if Daniel Brunskill is the guy who gets released for any reason, especially with such comparably very replaceable players like Jeff Wilson, CJ Beathard, and Jullian Taylor as options. Even Goodwin would make more sense to let go.

And those players only with the assumption Robbie Gould and Witherspoon cannot go, because then our new kicker and Dontae Johnson become even more expendable. 

Oscar has clearly not thought this one through. 

20 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Should have traded Goodwin when we had the chance. He’s not even suiting up for games. I’m sure we could have got something for him. 

If we aren't going to play him, I completely agree. I was against it when it came to him playing WITH Sanders and Deebo. But if he's not even active, then certainly we should have traded him IF we had an offer.

Last part is the important one. There just might not have been a ton of interest in a soon-to-be 29 year-old WR with a combined 34 receptions, 576 yards, and 5 TDs while starting 14 of the last 17 games under one of the top offensive minds in football on a team pretty desperate for WR production. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I'd be furious if this happened. Brunskill has a lot of value and to just cut him would be a terrible decision. He would almost certainly get scooped up in minutes. I really don't think this would actually happen, it'd be too idiotic. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

giphy.gif

Such a bad take by Oscar. Truly embarrassing. Especially since Brunskill was on the initial 53-man roster as a utility lineman, not just a "fourth tackle"

Edit: The Brunskill part. Releasing Beathard would make more sense.

Edited by struby3