New Jerseys Thread

ttitansfan4life

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I can't seem to tell but maybe someone else here can...From the 3 images they have, the first 2 makes looks like the light blue that comes down the side of the jersey cuts off straight across, but the 3rd image it looks like it slants (which looks better imo). Which is it?

http://www.nflshop.com/Tennessee_Titans_Men_Jerseys/menssizes/l/Mens_Tennessee_Titans_Marcus_Mariota_Nike_White_New_2018_Game_Jersey

Looks like it is diagonal coming forward

After mulling it over, I've decided that while I can accept the navy helmets, they really should have updated the flaming thumbtack. Having a sword would have been ideal with the whole sword theme play on the jerseys. Missed opportunity.

Also not a huge fan of the numbers. Too thin, and while I understand the nod to the state of Tennessee.... it's just too much. 

It's like Pizza. Lots of folks like Pizza. Pizza is great. Pepperoni, Cheese, Marinara sauce is the classic combo. But you can add stuff too. Throw in some sausage too, maybe make it a meats and include ham.

But when you start throwing pepperoni, sausage, pineapple, ham, bacon, olives, jalapenos, onions, anchovies, green peppers, banana peppers, chicken.... well, it's kind of messy and sort of nasty and unpleasant. Everything in moderation.

Titans just accepted Nike shoving every single bright idea onto a uniform. We're the new Jaguars.

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

After mulling it over, I've decided that while I can accept the navy helmets, they really should have updated the flaming thumbtack. Having a sword would have been ideal with the whole sword theme play on the jerseys. Missed opportunity.

Also not a huge fan of the numbers. Too thin, and while I understand the nod to the state of Tennessee.... it's just too much. 

It's like Pizza. Lots of folks like Pizza. Pizza is great. Pepperoni, Cheese, Marinara sauce is the classic combo. But you can add stuff too. Throw in some sausage too, maybe make it a meats and include ham.

But when you start throwing pepperoni, sausage, pineapple, ham, bacon, olives, jalapenos, onions, anchovies, green peppers, banana peppers, chicken.... well, it's kind of messy and sort of nasty and unpleasant. Everything in moderation.

Titans just accepted Nike shoving every single bright idea onto a uniform. We're the new Jaguars.

The jag uniforms are dope though maybe you’re just too old school but my opinion they have the dopest new era uniform in the NFL, the 2 color helmet, the color scheme, way much better than their original uniforms, it’s more Florida, popping colors & flashy. As for the Titans our uniforms are nice I’m wit you, hate the # pattern & logo. The logo makes the helmet look blah ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

The jag uniforms are dope though maybe you’re just too old school but my opinion they have the dopest new era uniform in the NFL, the 2 color helmet, the color scheme, way much better than their original uniforms, it’s more Florida, popping colors & flashy. As for the Titans our uniforms are nice I’m wit you, hate the # pattern & logo. The logo makes the helmet look blah ??‍♂️

The helmet and shoulders just feel cluttered...with the 5 different colors it just feels like there's too much going on, to me anyways. We got dark grey, light grey, dark blue, light blue, and red in condensed areas. Same thing @RuskieTitan said about the pizza. It's like a veggie-meat lover uniform with bbq sauce.

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I had read enough when I read that part. If you think that, cool man, but as far as I can tell the vast majority of Jags fans are glad they are getting rid of those uniforms and especially the helmets. It's like those cool kids in middle school who slap every single 'cool idea' onto a poster/myspace/whatever. It's an eyesore. Just too much going on.

I'm not saying we need to be the Colts two colors or anything, but piling on every little detail just gets a bit excessive. It's like Photography or Cinematography 101. You want to have a focal point where the eyes naturally flow towards, but these uniforms have so much going on. I suspect the next time we change uniforms it'll be scaled back a bit, and will be much better.

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I had read enough when I read that part. If you think that, cool man, but as far as I can tell the vast majority of Jags fans are glad they are getting rid of those uniforms and especially the helmets. It's like those cool kids in middle school who slap every single 'cool idea' onto a poster/myspace/whatever. It's an eyesore. Just too much going on.

I'm not saying we need to be the Colts two colors or anything, but piling on every little detail just gets a bit excessive. It's like Photography or Cinematography 101. You want to have a focal point where the eyes naturally flow towards, but these uniforms have so much going on. I suspect the next time we change uniforms it'll be scaled back a bit, and will be much better.

Again you’re more the old school traditional you don’t like too many colors I get it, but I like new breaking tradition standing out from the rest. That’s what I see in the jag uniforms it’s not tradition. Trend setting, just like Seahawks jersey when they switched it up. More than half of the teams in the NFL have the same uniform or color scheme since their franchise birth. Change it up step outside the box. Watch it’s going to be 2030 the Giants, packers, bears, cowboys will have the same uniform 

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Again you’re more the old school traditional you don’t like too many colors I get it, but I like new breaking tradition standing out from the rest. That’s what I see in the jag uniforms it’s not tradition. Trend setting, just like Seahawks jersey when they switched it up. More than half of the teams in the NFL have the same uniform or color scheme since their franchise birth. Change it up step outside the box. Watch it’s going to be 2030 the Giants, packers, bears, cowboys will have the same uniform 

When I think Tradition I think teams that are old school fashion, like the Colts or the Packers. the Bills changed their uniforms in 2011 and IMO they look pretty clean even with a modern look despite sticking to their colors:
201612181219443414523-p2.vadapt.767.high

Seahawks certainly did switch it up quite a bit... but it looks good because again, they aren't throwing so many different color variations around:
150117_seahawks_packers_preview_web.vada

You got their dark blue, lime green, and grey as the dominate colors. Personally don't like that grey stripe they have on the shoulder (along with the 'Seahawks') wording, but at least it's consistent. It's a 'new era' look, and I like them for the most part.

Then you have the Vikings, whose helmet is different with the matte:
9587942-kyle-rudolph-sam-bradford-nfl-ne

It's sort of a weird contrast to the uniforms, the helmet itself is cool but with the whole package it stands out a little awkwardly. But again, using 3 dominant colors for their scheme, purple gold and white.

9709718-jameis-winston-nfl-seattle-seaha

The Bucs suffer from the same issue we are now facing. Just throwing too many different color palettes into the uniform. You got the red, the dark grey, white, but then they unnecessarily jammed in some orange (I know it's a nod to their past but it just has too much going on).

Then you have us:
new-titan-navy-kevin-byard-taylor-lewan_

You have white, navy, Columbia blue, light grey and dark grey, plus some red swooshes from Nike... just a bit too much, particularly around the shoulders. Also to me the Helmet color really sort of sticks out a bit.

I guess in the end my biggest thing is too many different colors just takes away from the overall appearance of the uniform, rather than let it flow naturally. Personal taste I suppose.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't think tradition is about how many colors are used, the Bills changed their uniforms in 2011 and IMO they look pretty clean even with a modern look:
201612181219443414523-p2.vadapt.767.high

Seahawks certainly did switch it up quite a bit... but it looks good because again, they aren't throwing so many different color variations around:
150117_seahawks_packers_preview_web.vada

You got their dark blue, lime green, and grey as the dominate colors. Personally don't like that grey stripe they have on the shoulder (along with the 'Seahawks') wording, but at least it's consistent. It's a 'new era' look, and I like them for the most part.

Then you have the Vikings, whose helmet is different with the matte:
9587942-kyle-rudolph-sam-bradford-nfl-ne

It's sort of a weird contrast to the uniforms, the helmet itself is cool but with the whole package it stands out a little awkwardly. But again, using 3 dominant colors for their scheme, purple gold and white.

9709718-jameis-winston-nfl-seattle-seaha

The Bucs suffer from the same issue we are now facing. Just throwing too many different color palettes into the uniform. You got the red, the dark grey, white, but then they unnecessarily jammed in some orange (I know it's a nod to their past but it just has too much going on).

Then you have us:
new-titan-navy-kevin-byard-taylor-lewan_

You have white, navy, Columbia blue, light grey and dark grey, plus some red swooshes from Nike... just a bit too much, particularly around the shoulders. Also to me the Helmet color really sort of sticks out a bit.

I guess in the end my biggest thing is too many different colors just takes away from the overall appearance of the uniform, rather than let it flow naturally. Personal taste I suppose.

Yeah that’s my point I was saying you’re more traditional, nothing wrong though, you’re just not big on a lot of colors. I just like standing out, I like being different stepping out from the norm. I think the jags uniform stands out & fits the swagg & mentality of the new generation. They’re setting a trend 

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yeah that’s my point I was saying you’re more traditional, nothing wrong though, you’re just not big on a lot of colors. I just like standing out, I like being different stepping out from the norm. I think the jags uniform stands out & fits the swagg & mentality of the new generation. They’re setting a trend 

Yeah I guess that's a fair assessment. Man I feel like I'm getting old now lol.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i like the jags uniform except for the helmet, which i think is ugly as sin. that has more to do with that awful mustard color than anything though, i think a fade could be cool done right.

I don't like that patch that they have either. But that and the helmet are obviously the biggest offenses imo.

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s what I see in the jag uniforms it’s not tradition. Trend setting

Its only trend setting if others follow the trend. No one did... no one wille... even the Jags are admitting the mistake, making the change at the earliest possible time (NFL requires teams to keep uniform changes a minimum of 5 years, the Jags hit the 5 year mark this year).

That was just a hideous helmet. I'm hoping the Titans admit the logo mistake in 5 years and update the helmets to the sword logo... I think the majority in here agree with at least that. Maybe update the numbers to a true Greek font (without the wierd thing on the corner) and get rid of the white all together, using the light grey everywhere they use white now, including numbers, unis, etc...

Archived