New Jerseys Thread

ttitansfan4life

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Its only trend setting if others follow the trend. No one did... no one wille... even the Jags are admitting the mistake, making the change at the earliest possible time (NFL requires teams to keep uniform changes a minimum of 5 years, the Jags hit the 5 year mark this year).

That was just a hideous helmet. I'm hoping the Titans admit the logo mistake in 5 years and update the helmets to the sword logo... I think the majority in here agree with at least that. Maybe update the numbers to a true Greek font (without the wierd thing on the corner) and get rid of the white all together, using the light grey everywhere they use white now, including numbers, unis, etc...

Agree with everything besides scrapping the white. I like the white jerseys the best. I’ve never really noticed how much I really dislike our logo until we changed our uniforms. The sword is awesome and is designed really well, I wonder why it wasn’t used over the flaming shield from the beginning.

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Its only trend setting if others follow the trend. No one did... no one wille... even the Jags are admitting the mistake, making the change at the earliest possible time (NFL requires teams to keep uniform changes a minimum of 5 years, the Jags hit the 5 year mark this year).

That was just a hideous helmet. I'm hoping the Titans admit the logo mistake in 5 years and update the helmets to the sword logo... I think the majority in here agree with at least that. Maybe update the numbers to a true Greek font (without the wierd thing on the corner) and get rid of the white all together, using the light grey everywhere they use white now, including numbers, unis, etc...

Once again you have to set a trend by standing out, you prefer solid colors I get that again most teams in NFL history still keep the same color & jersey style without a major difference. A lot of kids & high school players like the jags new uniforms it’s swagg, not basic. That’s today’s culture. 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Once again you have to set a trend by standing out, you prefer solid colors I get that again most teams in NFL history still keep the same color & jersey style without a major difference. A lot of kids & high school players like the jags new uniforms it’s swagg, not basic. That’s today’s culture. 

And yet they when away from it first chance they got. Again, in order for something to be a trend, a pattern of repetition must be set. No ones copying them, they're jumping ship... Thats a failed expirement...

Comments like these are NY far the majority... :https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1/29/16946556/jacksonville-jaguars-new-helmets-nfl:

This iteration of the Jacksonville helmet, unveiled in 2013, was a flawed idea made worse by sloppy execution. The helmet combines both gloss and matte finishes, when it should be one or the other. The gradient between the gold and the black looks like an abrupt, hard line down the side of the helmet when there should be a smooth transition. And possibly most grating of all is that the colors are in the wrong spots — if the black were on the back of the helmet, it would create an image of the jaguar leaping out of the shadows in attack. Instead, he’s jumping into the darkness, a fitting symbol for how the Jaguars played for four of the five years they donned this helmet.

and this gem... A petition from change.org... https://www.change.org/p/tony-khan-retire-the-two-tone-jaguars-helmet

...The helmets are not. They are bad. Real bad.

To the sporting world, they are a laughing stock. To the Jaguars faithful, they are a source of utter embarrassment. ...

...The history book of sport is rich with epic uniform mistakes. Baseball shorts. The Tampa Bay Buccaneer creamsicles. Any number of MLB hats from the 70's. Mistakes have been made in the world of sports uniforms for decades.  Jaguars fans believe strongly that it is time for the is the current Jaguars helmet to be retired to the annals of the bad sport uniform Hall of Fame....

...In conclusion, please consider this humble, if not desperate request from the Jaguars fan base to rid ourselves of the albatross that is our current helmet design. ...

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-uniform-changes-detroit-lions-recent-years-ranking-best-worst-league-041417

Drum roll please. The worst uniforms in the NFL, and maybe in all of sports.

Where to begin? The two-tone black and gold helmet: hideous. The accents on the shoulders? WHY? The black and teal don’t go together at all, and the hints of gold just make everything worse.

The Jaguars can’t change their uniforms again for another few years since they just “revamped” them, but the NFL needs to make an exception in order to get these atrocities off the field.

Even their alternate Color Rush uniforms -- called "ugly as hell" by Blake Bortles -- are terrible. 

and many more:

https://247sports.com/nfl/jaguars/Article/A-change-of-the-teams-helmet-and-uniforms-could-be-a-welcomed-ch-108117873

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-uniform-redesign-detroit-lions-need-overhaul-rebranding-teams-020117

On 4/6/2018 at 8:36 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

The gradient between the gold and the black looks like an abrupt, hard line down the side of the helmet when there should be a smooth transition. And possibly most grating of all is that the colors are in the wrong spots — if the black were on the back of the helmet, it would create an image of the jaguar leaping out of the shadows in attack. Instead, he’s jumping into the darkness...

Those two things always confused me too.  I think I could get behind a two-tone helmet if the gradient was a more smooth transition.  And I remember the Jags explaining it at the time it was released as a jaguar leaping out from the darkness of the jungle (cool idea), yet the colors were reversed.  Always made me scratch my head.  

5 hours ago, titanrick said:

Those two things always confused me too.  I think I could get behind a two-tone helmet if the gradient was a more smooth transition.  And I remember the Jags explaining it at the time it was released as a jaguar leaping out from the darkness of the jungle (cool idea), yet the colors were reversed.  Always made me scratch my head.  

I just assumed it implied that's because their offense goes backwards a lot, so that's the direction it's facing.

4 hours ago, SARGO127 said:

where can i find the on the field authentic jerseys?

Titans and NFL are doing terrible jobs at selling these jerseys. I just wanted a Limited Byard jersey and I can’t get one. 

The Titans online doesn’t even sell any away jerseys.

And for the actual real jerseys I havnt seen any site with them

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No 3xls either. SCREW THE FAT PEOPLE!!! Lol Nike jerseys are always made super tight. Need to buy a size or two up just for comfort.

I ordered a large Mariota jersey and I am hoping it will fit. I'm only like 175-180 pounds and 6'2" so surely it will. : (

• 1 month later...

Archived