New Jerseys Thread

ttitansfan4life

21 minutes ago, lamont said:

I don’t think a majority of da fans will be happy regardless. Some will want to stick to the Oiler roots and some will want to go in a completely different direction. April 4th is D-Day. ???

Yeah, the smaller the changes, the happier I will be. I really don't want massive change. The amount of Titans apparel I have and all of the Titans stuff that is currently lining my sports hallway would cost way too much to replace.

Haha, I feel like a lot of us are being very diva about this. I am a little excited for the change honestly and I really won't get all worked up no matter how they look because I really don't care that much about how we look. And like many of you, I have TONS of Titans gear, but it's not like all of that becomes null and void if we change our uniforms up. I'm down with being retro. 

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This would really disappoint me. I really like the two-tone, and am not at all prepared for a drastic change.

At first I was blah about it, but the more I revisit, the more I dig it... Some very interesting combinations there. The color scheme is exactly like my old HS (sans the blue) and very similar to my alma mater, Texas Tech... 

I'm really starting to dig the idea/colors. I've also never been that big a fan of the flame, definitely not on the helmet. The sword has always been my fave, so anything in that direction would be awesome.

I'm also an Oilers fan originally... Wasn't a huge fan of the 80s/90s unis, but love the 60s designs.

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's just a little hard for me to believe that we are going to completely scrap the color scheme, which is what this essentially insinuates. When has that ever happened?

color schemes evolve, sure (see Seattle). But completely change? Idk

The Bucs and Seahawks... Also think the Bills ditched the navy. Titans/Oilers have always had red, light blue, and white as staples. If the above pic is true, navy is the only color being swaped out for gray. Navy was introduced in 99, while gray was used by the Oilers in the 70s. 

It will be the first time in my life that a blue won't be the primary... Thats pretty crazy... But f it, I'm ready to embrace it. (Last drastic uni change directly preceded our SB season, fwiw...)

Man... this might be one of the biggest challenges that will shake the foundation of my fanhood. I picked the Titans when I was a kid in part because I fell in love with their uniforms. Might sound corny, but to a 9/10 year old, it's a big deal. Then obviously I got more invested with Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck, Keith Bulluck, Jeff Fisher, and really adopted the team for my own.

I'm not against changing the uniform entirely or even what the color schemes might be... but I'm worried that if I see them and hate them (Think current Tampa Bay level of trash), it might be the tipping point for me. I've owned uniforms, hats, masks, all sorts of paraphernalia with that iconic two tone blue... I stuck with this team through the salary cap hell years, I stuck with them through the slumps, the end of the road for Fisher and Young, the garbage that followed...

But if I hate those jerseys...

Please don't mess that up, Titans.

45 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man... this might be one of the biggest challenges that will shake the foundation of my fanhood. I picked the Titans when I was a kid in part because I fell in love with their uniforms. Might sound corny, but to a 9/10 year old, it's a big deal. Then obviously I got more invested with Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck, Keith Bulluck, Jeff Fisher, and really adopted the team for my own.

I'm not against changing the uniform entirely or even what the color schemes might be... but I'm worried that if I see them and hate them (Think current Tampa Bay level of trash), it might be the tipping point for me. I've owned uniforms, hats, masks, all sorts of paraphernalia with that iconic two tone blue... I stuck with this team through the salary cap hell years, I stuck with them through the slumps, the end of the road for Fisher and Young, the garbage that followed...

For some reason, this is hilarious to me. 

All the things we've went through the past decade(as you mentioned), but having ugly uniforms is where the line gets drawn.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

You're stuck now, my man. I highly doubt even the worst uniforms would make you jump ship at this point.

My primary complaint is they look too bland. Would be nice to somehow keep the two-tone idea around in some fashion, even with a different spin on it. These just kind of look like generic Pro Bowl jerseys at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived