Jaguars Free Agents/Free Agency thread

.Buzz

Sign a OG, bring back Colvin and ARob

Draft a TE and WR in rounds 1-2, attack depth all around with other picks (including QB)

Win

Also think we should have threads specifically for ARob and Colvin. But I’m too busy to start them. Whoever does, with a good open, gets a like from me. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Right? Before it was, we certainly cant afford Blake/Rob/Colvin and now even before the Bortles deal would could easily keep those 3 and go after Burton/Sitton and still rollover money for our young guys on rookie deals

Remember when I said we would spend the same on those three as it would cost to get Cousins?

?

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Remember when I said we would spend the same on those three as it would cost to get Cousins?

?

Pepridge Farm remembers

It definitely gets interesting and i love the fortune ball you got over there lol. So 10 from Blake, 16 to Arob and say 6 to Colvin? That’ll be close. If Arob gets restructured you probably are right but some reports are out saying 30. Heck if the Jets give him 60m in year 1 you obviously win. Was that a per year statement Confucius?

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was that a per year statement Confucius?

Year one.

It was before the Jets $60m thing and before we had any idea they were going to actively attempt to extend Blake.

I expect if they get a long term deal done with ARob, year one hits around $9-11M. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Of course year 1...works out better for you ?

My contention was always always based on year one. After that year, our monies are much more free.

It was based on the question of would you rather Blake, ARob and Colvin for the follow up year for this year or Cousins. 

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

My contention was always always based on year one. After that year, our monies are much more free.

It was based on the question of would you rather Blake, ARob and Colvin for the follow up year for this year or Cousins. 

FWIW i hope you’re right and someone pays out the nose for Cousins

I don’t blame him. He is probably wanting more $ than what the Jags are willing to offer.

he is a good player but I feel like a slot CB is one of the easiest positions to replace on D. 

He will probably get more money from another team and be a #2 instead of being a slot CB here and making less.

GL to him if he does move on.

This does mean welcome back ARob though.

Been a lot of signs all along. All these things with the Jaguars last few months on recovery, wore a customer Jacksonville basketball jersey in recent interview with Mike Kaye, etc.

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like OL that are even above average barely hit free agency so when one comes available and the $ is right you have to go for it imo. Again if the $ is right. You say it could be wasted money but also the money spent on a different guy or not at all compared to what Pugh could do for someone else is also a concern. 

That's kind of it though...above average lineman barely hit free agency.  That's what brings a lot of the wariness when a guy is hitting the market.  Why is he hitting the market?  Is he actually above average?  What does their previous team know that the new one doesn't...

And on top of that...have to be careful not to let the rarity of decent OL on the market get stoked up into a bidding war where you pay elite money for "average" play.

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

Sign a OG, bring back Colvin and ARob

Draft a TE and WR in rounds 1-2, attack depth all around with other picks (including QB)

Win

Also think we should have threads specifically for ARob and Colvin. But I’m too busy to start them. Whoever does, with a good open, gets a like from me. 

This sounds about right to me.  Though i'm kind of leaning a bit more fluid than that even.  Depending on where the OL free agency actually ends up, among other things.

I'd be a bit more flexible in approach to the draft in particular though.  I think either of TE/WR could potentially be sat on until the 3rd round, depending on how the board falls.  And i'd still have OLine in the mix for those 1/2/3 rounds as well.  Probably even if we land a decent guy in FA.  I'd even throw SAM Linebacker into the Top-3 round draft mix, if the right guy is there...even if it's not the most pressing need.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I don’t blame him. He is probably wanting more $ than what the Jags are willing to offer.

he is a good player but I feel like a slot CB is one of the easiest positions to replace on D. 

He will probably get more money from another team and be a #2 instead of being a slot CB here and making less.

GL to him if he does move on.

Doesn't sound promising, but i really hope Colvin doesn't end up walking.  But yeah...if he wants to be paid like a legit outside CB, at some point our front office have to draw a line in the sand.  Just sucks because he's such a great fit for the role.

If he does walk, i think that immediately shuffles into a clear Top-3 rounds of the draft sort of need as well.  Keep the strength of the team strong.  Doubt there's a cheaper FA option that's going to get the job done and i don't think our depth guys are really the way i'd want to roll there.  That Nickel spot is on the field a ton.  It's seriously important these days.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This does mean welcome back ARob though.

Been a lot of signs all along. All these things with the Jaguars last few months on recovery, wore a customer Jacksonville basketball jersey in recent interview with Mike Kaye, etc.

We knew we could afford both though unless Colvin was going to get like 9-10M a year

Archived